Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Things to do in Puerto Vallarta?

Going to Puerto Vallarta this Sunday and staying at the Melia Puerto Vallarta resort. Has anybody been there and what do you recommend we go out and see/do?

Were not beach bums and prefer to do adventurous things (atv tours and such). My GF says no-go on the canopy zip-line thing however.

Any ideas would be great.

Thanks

there is other stuff to do than sit on the beach and drink? Go to lunch and drink? sit on the beach and drink? go to dinner and drink? go dancing and drink? go back to the beach at the hotel and drink? who would have thought????? :cheers:

There is a bus tour that takes you out of town and you stop and visit a mom & pop Tequila business....then you continue on out in to the jungle on pig trails, to the same area where the movie Predator was filmed (they even still have the shell of some of the Huey helecopters there.) This is a beautiful area with a natural waterfall, and there is a outdoors resturaunt there near the waterfall.....no electricity, but it was great food. Well worth the time and money.

Have Fun....Watch for drug cartel !!!

I was there last summer. Had a great time. You can visit the Predator set on your own, leave your wife a the base camp, and do some zip line, the jungle is breath taking, literally and otherwise, it was so fracking hot and humid. You really get the taste of what the jungle is all about. I did a 4 wheel trip, they all are about the same, it was fun at times and boring at times, depends on who is in your group and their skill level. it will rain everyday, sometimes alot sometimes a little. be prepared, and bring lots of sunscreen, you burn real quick. Pacifico is the beer of choice, made up the road in Matzalan.

My wife and I were there in December.

1. You will be seriously SERIOUSLY hustled by timeshare people while you are in the airport; they will be the people offering to give you "directions" to your hotel. Avoid them at all cost.

2. You will be hustled everywhere you go....walking down the street....eating dinner....walking on the beach....even in your hotel for timeshares.

3. The zipline thing is extremely safe and professionally done. 99% of those folks have excellent english skills; some are even Americans.

4. Take the Las Caletas trip; a day trip to a remote cove where you get to do stuff...kayak, snorkel, lay on the beach, feed your face.

5. We did a "Swim With the Dolphins" thing; it was up north in Nayarit. A little bit of a drive, but very nice.

6. Lots of military folks, heavily armed. We had no trouble with them.

7. There is a pretty neat naval museum a couple miles south of the hotel mess; pretty nice. Very cute female sailors.

8. Be sure to take taxi cabs and avoid ATMs kiosks. Change your money at the hotel.

8a. Do not rent a car.

9. During daylight, don't be afraid to explore the non-touristy part...it's a few blocks inland from the water, and several blocks north of the touristy downtown part.

FY42385