Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

barrels

benny hill

Benny, I have had really good luck with the Storm lake in my 9L and my 4in service model. Both guns shoot 147fmj load with VV310 into one ragged hole at 18yds indoors, dunno at 25yds, havent drug them out yet. I will let you know when I do. I had a factory barrel welded up at EGW....waste of money.....EGW did great job, but the barrel still didnt shoot.....

DougC

I talked to a s&w rep. & was told the twist is 1-18.5 or something like that & will not shoot 147's past 10 yds with accuracy. Mine won't shoot at all past that but will put 124's in a hole.

benny, just a thought... try 124 or 125 with tite group. you will be surprised!

Which 147 gr. bullets are you running and how fast are you pushing them?

I have shot shot 147 gr Hornady XTPs at 900 & 950 fps. Both loads shot very well at when I tested them at 10 & 20 yards. If your load is running to slow, it will not spin the bullet fast enough to stablize, and you won't be able to get the bullets to group.

Edited by deadeye204

any of them do well at 50 yards

I have a Storm Lake Barrel in my 9 Pro, and I dont know about groups, but have had no problems knocking down poppers right in the center in a hurry from 47yards at a couple of matches at USSA recently.

(124 gr bullets)