Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Miculek Grips

Steve S

Sometimes in IDPA I'll shoot my S&W Revo. Currently using Hogue Monogrip with finger grooves. I'm thinking about switching to the Miculek wood grips. Before I spend the money, anybody have any feedback back? I know grips get personal, but respect all input. Thanks

I prefer the JM grips over the Hogue monos and have them on both my 610's. I guess it depends on if you reload weak or strong hand and how strong of a grip on your gun you use. For me they work great but a lot of the better revo shooters don't. Your best bet is to give them a try if you know someone who has a pair you can test drive. Good luck.

I know JM likes his hands slippery, but these are too slippery for my dried up hands (I do a lot of material handling at work, have 80 grit hands). I use the round to square butt converions grips, but I like the wood ones Round_Gun_Shooter has on his 625 a lot.

The grips Nils (sp?) sells are quite nice as well, but my hands are pretty meaty and I can't get around them well enough to enjoy them. The pad of my hand below my thumb gets badly beaten up under recoil because it's just 1/8 inch or so too wide. They have an amazing stippled texture to them , much better than checkering. If I wasn't just test-driving a set of those, I may have sanded them down to fit better- but then I would have had to pay for them, whether it worked or not- and I already owe RGS for some moonclips...

They are REALLY nice though...

I have very large hands and find JM stocks perfect and have them on my 625/627/617/22's. Stocks are very personal and you really need to try different ones in matches to discover your preferences.

Everybody is different, I have big hands and don't like the JM grips because they feel to small. I have Hogue Big Butt grips with finger grooves and no checkering on all of my S&W 625s, 627s and 610s. I use Hogue rubber grips with finger grooves (sanded down) on my 617.

I tried the Jerry grips, but didn't care for them. They weren't too bad with steel loads, but with major P.F. stuff they would make my thumb joint hurt. I keep the gun in my strong hand and reload with my weak hand, so I don't particularly want slippery grips. I run the plain ol' rubber Hogues on everything.

I have them on my 625 and my open 64. They work well for me and I have large paws. I do the "hot potato" reload & the slipperiness of the Jerry grips help. The downside is the price. If they cost less I'd have more of them. Oh, one thing I don't care for - the ones on my 64 have a window for access to the main spring screw. Not comfortable on the fingers. I filled it in.

I've tried them but prefer the Hogue Big Butt grips. I don't have large hands but they felt too small and slick. I reload without taking my strong hand off of the gun so I don't want grips that allow my hand to move around. I have a set that was on a used 627 that have a few small cracks but still seem serviceable. If you want to try them out, I'll send them to you for $15. Let me know if you're interested and I could take a few pics so you can see what shape they're in.

I have the JM grips on my 627 and 625. One of the reasons I like them is that I can get a real high hold on the revolver with these grips. I would recommend trying before buying if that is possible.