Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Montana Gold

I thought I would pass along that their 800 number is now for another company. If you want to reach them you need to dial the (406) area code and then the number. They also have hired someone to answer the phone and everyone else is in the shop making bullets. :)

I have a call in to them because we got charged for JHPs instead of FMJs. I know they will make it right, but it might take a bit with them all being so industrious. :)

Use this number (406) 755-2717

Edited by JThompson

MG bullets cost less than the plated ones I used to shoot, they have them in stock, their customer support is outstanding and they support the USPSA. They will have my business for many many years to come if you ask me.

Joe W.

Speaking of which... I'm on the match staff for the VA-MD section and Area 8. Montana Gold has gone out of their way to be a big supporter of both matches!!! They Rock.

I was using PD, but thier prices are almost the same as MG and they are more behind on orders. I was told it would be 6 weeks or more for the PD. I called Mg and they said two weeks so we placed the order. They had them shipped in a couple days. We had the order 12k just one week later. Wow! Nice job guys.;)

Best shooting bullet in my Kimbers.

Great service, great product, decent pricing and they look spiffy on polished brass : )

They are now my primary bullet vendor. Strong recommendation.

Edited by internetguy

I was using PD, but thier prices are almost the same as MG and they are more behind on orders. I was told it would be 6 weeks or more for the PD. I called Mg and they said two weeks so we placed the order. They had them shipped in a couple days. We had the order 12k just one week later. Wow! Nice job guys.;)

I've had 2K 147 9mm FMJ on backorder from PD since early March. Suppose they'll show up some day.

Just placed my first order from Montana Gold this week for 9mm and got a shipping notice in one day. I am curious though, I see you guys mentioning PD...what is PD?

Precision Delta

I used to be an enthusiastic user and advocate of M.G. until my last experience with them. I have now taken my business elsewhere. The first week of February of this year I ordered a case of 9mm 124gr. jhp's and expected them to arrive in a few days. However, a week later I received an e-mail order confirmation and no shipment date. When I called inquiring about a ship date, the gal, who answered the phone, said that they tried to use my cc but had a problem with it and that was the reason they didn't ship. I confirmed that they had the correct numbers, then I called my bank and found there was no problem with the card. I called M.G. back and asked them to try my card again, and, BTW, when could I expect shipment? The gal said they were having "problems" but would not specify and would ship "soon". I asked her why, then, did they try to charge my cc when they had no product to ship? All she did was mumble some kind of excuse and promised to ship my order soon. Two weeks later I contacted them and was told they were still having problems but orders would be shipped within a few days. Two weeks later I contacted them, and, again, was told the same thing. I waited another two + weeks before I contacted them and was told my order was going to be shipped right away. In early April I sent an e-mail asking for an estimated delivery date and a week after that I received a reply that they lost my order!!! There was no explanation, just a terse note that said "...resubmit your order or order from someone else". In other words, T.S., they lost my order and could care less about it. Well, that kind of attitude is really a turn-off. I was a loyal customer and tried to be patient and understanding, but after this experience with M.G. I came to the conclusion that my business wasn't of value or appreciated by them and that my loyalty to this small company was misplaced.

slidelock1

I'm sorry to hear about your personnal problems but this forum is not the place to slam a manufacturer especially one that supports USPSA the way Montana Gold does. Every order I have made has been received within 3 days even the 230gr 45 that no other manufacturer had available which includes Precision, Precison Delta, Roze/Zero. Black Bullets International delivered in 3 weeks.

Next rant leave out the name.

slidelock1

I'm sorry to hear about your personnal problems but this forum is not the place to slam a manufacturer especially one that supports USPSA the way Montana Gold does. Every order I have made has been received within 3 days even the 230gr 45 that no other manufacturer had available which includes Precision, Precison Delta, Roze/Zero. Black Bullets International delivered in 3 weeks.

Next rant leave out the name.

First, thank you for taking the time to read my previous note. I appreciate your concern and helpful criticism and will take it to heart. I am also glad for you that you have received your orders from this manufacturer in timely manner. For a long long time, and until my last experience, I also received my orders in a timely manner. However, in this particular thread, where one is encouraged to extol this particular manufacturer by name, why is it not acceptable to present a fair criticism of this manufacturer by name? Furthermore, I made my lengthy statement in the interest of presenting the full story of my experience in the proper context. It was not intended to be a "rant" or a story about my "personal problems" (I don't have a personal problem with this manufacturer). Though this company supports USPSA, this support of our shooting sport should not give it a free pass to act with impunity or arrogance without being called on it. Remember, what happened to me may one day happen to you, and I wonder, when and if it does, if you will continue to be so protective?

Slidelock,

You seem to be the very rare exception regarding Montana Gold. Every order that I have placed with them in the last five years has arrived at my doorstep within four working days of ordering (hats off to the USPS also). I imagine they are experiencing the same rush of huge orders by the same folks who are causing the primer and loaded ammo shortages we see now. Sorry to hear of your bad experience but you really ought to listen to all of the folks who speak highly of Montana Gold and not be so quick to write them off in your future purchases.

CYa,

Pat

Montana Gold makes a great bullet...

However, I love Zero! Margaret Stallings and her employees at Zero offer the best product, for the best price, with the best customer service I have ever experienced. Such lovely people, they make sure that you are satisfied with your purchase!

Just my two cents.

I apologize for the thread drift.

If anyone is looking for 55 grain 223 bullets I believe they are available for purchase. Contact M.Stallings

So how do these two (MG & Zero) companies compare in accuracy? I currently order Hornady 55g FMJBT's from wideners as they seem to be the cheapest option for plinking. Since Widener's is out, I've been looking all over for something comparable for a decent price. Looks like the MG's are the same price... Anyone used both? Preference? Thanks!

-Ryan

Montana Gold makes a great bullet...

However, I love Zero! Margaret Stallings and her employees at Zero offer the best product, for the best price, with the best customer service I have ever experienced.

I love bullets that are "In-Stock"...

If they can't get it then I can't load it.

I used to be an enthusiastic user and advocate of M.G. until my last experience with them. I have now taken my business elsewhere. The first week of February of this year I ordered a case of 9mm 124gr. jhp's and expected them to arrive in a few days. However, a week later I received an e-mail order confirmation and no shipment date. When I called inquiring about a ship date, the gal, who answered the phone, said that they tried to use my cc but had a problem with it and that was the reason they didn't ship. I confirmed that they had the correct numbers, then I called my bank and found there was no problem with the card. I called M.G. back and asked them to try my card again, and, BTW, when could I expect shipment? The gal said they were having "problems" but would not specify and would ship "soon". I asked her why, then, did they try to charge my cc when they had no product to ship? All she did was mumble some kind of excuse and promised to ship my order soon. Two weeks later I contacted them and was told they were still having problems but orders would be shipped within a few days. Two weeks later I contacted them, and, again, was told the same thing. I waited another two + weeks before I contacted them and was told my order was going to be shipped right away. In early April I sent an e-mail asking for an estimated delivery date and a week after that I received a reply that they lost my order!!! There was no explanation, just a terse note that said "...resubmit your order or order from someone else". In other words, T.S., they lost my order and could care less about it. Well, that kind of attitude is really a turn-off. I was a loyal customer and tried to be patient and understanding, but after this experience with M.G. I came to the conclusion that my business wasn't of value or appreciated by them and that my loyalty to this small company was misplaced.
I had a similar situation happen to me. They were having a problem with my credit card. I knew that there wasn't a problem at my end , I had a zero balance. They told me to reorder. I called the credit card company and they said that an automated system flagged the purchase because of where it was coming from and the amount of the purchase. I reordered and 3 days later I had 2 cases of bullets sitting at my front door.

The only thing I can think of that could have happened was that the on line ordering system that MG has doesn't do will with credit card problems and these folks are busier than a one armed paper hanger right now so sometimes things fall through the cracks. When I called the girl was polite enough. She just didn't have any answers. All it took was to reorder and have the credit company to cooperate. I don't fault anybody. It's just automation at it's finest.

This is the first time I've used MG bullets and they look great. Now if they'll only make me shoot faster/better,,,,,, NOT!!