Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

GSSF and Production legal trigger

Lars

I am interested in a better trigger and wanted some recommendations for a GSSF and Production legal trigger.

The only category you can use after market triggers in GSSF is open.

I am interested in a better trigger and wanted some recommendations for a GSSF and Production legal trigger.

The only category you can use after market triggers in GSSF is open.

This is incorrect. Anything goes in Unlimited, true, but you can use aftermarket triggers as long as they are made entirely from stock Glock parts and springs. Basically, they are tuned triggers from stock parts. That's what Charlie sells in his GSSF kit. No aftermarket parts equals GTG.

The rules are available in the latest Glock Report on the GSSF Web site.

Curtis

Edited to add link: http://www.vanekcustom.com/8.html

Edited by BayouSlide

Polish up your stocker for GSSF (if that's legal)

I would NOT go hog wide over special GSSF triggers since they're a rare match at best. At least in these parts.

Drop in Vanek's Classic for Production.

Jim

Polish up your stocker for GSSF (if that's legal)

I would NOT go hog wide over special GSSF triggers since they're a rare match at best. At least in these parts.

Drop in Vanek's Classic for Production.

Jim

Jim's advice is right on the money. Polished stock Glock parts would be legal for all GSSF classes.

Curtis

...as long as they are made entirely from stock Glock parts and springs.

Then it's not "after market", is it?

This becomes a question of semantics...because Charlie Vanek ain't located in Smyrna. I guess we could both agree that a non-OEM sourced trigger made from OEM components would be legal. :devil:

Curtis

EDITED: because I hate typos!

Edited by BayouSlide

A Dremel with a felt polishing tip and jeweler's rouge or a similar polish are all you need. If you have PTOOMA's Complete Glock Reference Guide, it shows exactly what to polish, or try a search of threads here.

Like any Dremelling job, take some care not to overdo it.

As I understand it, the Vanek GSSF trigger kits are all OEM parts that have been worked on till they are smooth as silk.

I have not used a GSSF kit but do have a Classic kit for my G35 and it's very nice.

It would be interesting to know just how good the GSSF kit is. The Classic kit is probably better than I am and it might be worth switching so that I would be able to shoot my G35 in GSSF without having to swap back to the original parts. By coincidence, I sent an email to Vanek this morning asking just how much difference there is between the two.

:cheers: If you are going to do it yourself, be careful. Google 25 cent trigger job, it will give you a good place to start. Cant go wrong with a vanek, he does great work. There is also a guy in Sheevport LA that is doing triggers and I heard the he does a great job with all factory parts. I am still waiting on info from him.

• 4 years later...

Order Vanek's polished striker block, then put a zev reduced power striker block sping over it. Its the lighest and shortest striker block spring, lighter than vanek's and wolff's reduced power striker block springs. That alone will make your trigger pull smoother and drop about a pound of pull weight. Mega difference. Get a factory minus connector, and make sure the contact points are lubed. Then order a wolff striker spring kit with the 4.0, 4.5, and 5.0 weights. Use the lightest weight that will reliably ignite your primers.

This is probably the cheapest way to go. The average break (out of 10) using a lyman digital gauge is 3lbs 9oz with the 4.5lb striker spring. The actual Vanek Master GSSF I put in the gun was 4lb 11oz on the same guage the same day.

Order Vanek's polished striker block, then put a zev reduced power striker block sping over it. Its the lighest and shortest striker block spring, lighter than vanek's and wolff's reduced power striker block springs. That alone will make your trigger pull smoother and drop about a pound of pull weight. Mega difference. Get a factory minus connector, and make sure the contact points are lubed. Then order a wolff striker spring kit with the 4.0, 4.5, and 5.0 weights. Use the lightest weight that will reliably ignite your primers.

This is probably the cheapest way to go. The average break (out of 10) using a lyman digital gauge is 3lbs 9oz with the 4.5lb striker spring. The actual Vanek Master GSSF I put in the gun was 4lb 11oz on the same guage the same day.

There is some good advise in your post but there is not a safety plunger spring made that will reduce the trigger pull by a pound.

I have my notes here: These are avg of 10 pull's rounded to the nearest oz on my Lyman Scale, then hit the average button on the scale. Just slapping some comparable triggers and some other guns.

Salient G24 w/ Salient Trigger: 2lb 4oz

Salient G17L w/ Vogel Trigger: 3lb 2oz

Glock 22 Gen 3, all stock, well used: 5lb 0oz

Glock 34 Gen 3, Scherer tuned minus connector, 4.5lb wolff striker spring, zev reduced sb block spring: 3lb 9oz

Glock 34 Gen 3, Scherer tuned minus con, 4.0lb wolff striker spring, zev rd sb blk spng, vanek tuned striker block: 2lb 11oz

Glock 35 Gen 4, all stock, brand new: 4lb 14oz

Glock 35 Gen 4, Vanek Master GSSF: 4lb, 11oz (clean, no mush or grit to break)

Glock 35 Gen 4, Vanek Master GSSF w/Zev S.B. Spring: 3lb 13oz

Glock 24 Gen 3, Ghost Rocket connector, 5.0lb wolf striker spring, striker block removed: 2lb 12oz

S&W M&P Pro 40 w/Apex USB: 4lb 12oz

Sig P226 X-Five Tactical SAO: 3lb 9oz

Sig-Hammerli Trailside Target 4.5": 1lb 5oz

Ruger MK II MK4B Factory: 3lb 11oz

Ruger 22/45 Lite, Volsquartzen trigger: 2lbs 8oz

Springfield XD-9 Tactical, Accurate Ironworks Tuned: 2lb 14oz

Para Ordnance Todd Jarrett USPSA Edition, Stock: 4lb 4oz

Golt Govt MkIV Series 80, local gunsmith trigger: 4lb 6oz

STI Infinite 6" Sighttracker: 2lb 10oz

SVI IMM Open: 2lb 3oz

STI Steelmaster: 3lb 2oz