Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XDM Race & Limited Guns !

railrunner

Looked great. I emailed Spfld about it, here is their reply:

Thank you for your interest in Springfield Custom handguns! An XD(m) like the one on the cover of the American Handgunner July/August 2009 issue would retail for $3540. It is only currently available with the 4.5” slides, not the 5” slide as shown in the article. We have no idea when we will have 5” slides available through the custom shop. Estimated delivery time for this type of special order would be approx. 6-8 months from the date the order is received in our office, along with the required 1/3 non-refundable deposit, and dealer’s FFL.

I read the article and though that they looked pretty cool, but $3450?!?! Nice work , but daaammmm! I'm pretty sure that you can get a new Bedell for that kind of money. You can definitely get a smoking used gun for that. It didn't mention if they are set up to shoot 9 Major or not.

Seems like they've priced it out of what we might perceive as their target market. But maybe they know something we don't...or they just don't want to make very many of them. Oh well I guess that means sticking to the custom gunsmith ;)

~Mitch

• 1 month later...

Yea... at that price it seems like they don't want anyone competing with their "factory" team shooters! Still, I have an XDm that has Dawson's and a factory custom shop trigger job and am quite pleased with it. If I had it to do over again though, I would probably ship it to one of the custom smiths mentioned in this forum. Those guys gotta eat too!

Scott - that one looks nice.

Price? - Comp? - Finish? - Optic?

That is just a sneak peak.

I'm making a full blown package that will be about 2K, and a basic one that will be around 1.5k. The comp is ours. The slide will be Ceracoat with the front dovetail filled in. The mount and racking handle are ours, with a Docter bulletproofed sight. The grip safety will be gone also. I Should be posting better photos in my dealer section next week.

How 'bout getting with Cheely ot Quinn and get a C-More mount for it?

Rich

I've already made a side mount for them, but you get too much deflection for my liking for a serious pistol.

Carver will have a C-more mount option. I can mount it upside down in his hunter mount to do the same thing as the side mounts and it is more stable and is like shooting a tube sight.

• 4 weeks later...

Rich

I've already made a side mount for them, but you get too much deflection for my liking for a serious pistol.

Carver will have a C-more mount option. I can mount it upside down in his hunter mount to do the same thing as the side mounts and it is more stable and is like shooting a tube sight.

What type of loads... powder, bullet weight, oal are you looking at as a "standard" for that gun? Since it has a comp and all, but you can't use too light a recoil spring because it's striker fired... you must have something in mind to run it with.

Rich

To much deflection for a "serious pistol?" I know they are on a least 100 "serious" guns, including two of my own, and deflection is not an issue. The only deflection issues I could foresee is bolting one on a plastic frame. :unsure:

And I'm sorry, but that price from the factory is insane.

Edited by JThompson

Rich

To much deflection for a "serious pistol?" I know they are on a least 100 "serious" guns, including two of my own, and deflection is not an issue. The only deflection issues I could foresee is bolting one on a plastic frame. :unsure:

The XDM has a plastic frame and nothing else to bolt it to...

Rich

The XDM has a plastic frame and nothing else to bolt it to...

Understood Scott... It was the way you wrote it seemed like you were saying there was a mount deflection problem and not one associated with bolting to a plastic frame.

JT

Edited by JThompson