Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PAINTING

Ed K

:angry2: I hate painting!

Why? I'm not good at it, I don't have the patience, I suck at it, the prep, the clean up, paint in my hair, paint on my clothes, the list goes on.

Today (day 4) I'm still painting my kitchen. It's not a big kitchen! All because the in-laws are coming to visit. The last time they came, I had to paint the guest room.

I had paint on me before I even picked up a brush. My yellow lab now is Forest Green, satin finish from leaning on the friggin trim.

Here's an idea. I'm going to pray to my higher power that the next time he does a mass update on the female species, insert a gene, or an instinct, that makes the love painting. Not the Georgia O'Keefe or Grandma Moses painting, but picking up a pail of flippin Dutch Boy and going to town.

If your wife/gf enjoys painting, good for you. Maybe God has already started beta testing. Mine? At the mere mention of picking up a roller she runs off, grabs her purse, and heads out the door. Where's she going? To her girlfriends house to paint their nails!

End of rant. I already see another trip to Menard's, and a 2nd coat in my future. And I have to clean up my keyboard.

Edited by Ed K

I hate painting!

+++

Particularly painting ceilings. I end up with an ache in my neck and shoulders that takes a week to get better and have yet to figure out a way to keep from looking like I have {name the color} chickenpox.

My contractor during the rebuild had me in the loop on a lot of stuff. I help, costs go down. Did about half the electrical work myself. A good chunk of the plumbing, etc.

When it came time for painting he asked, "You in on this?" I picked up a nearby 2x4 and handed to him. "I'd rather you beat me with that than paint."

The sub he brought in did an amazing job especially on the staining of the cabinets. Sometimes you just have to let the experts do it.

I painted most of the interior of my house myself, and all of the ceilings. Hated doing most of it, especially the walls that are cherry cobbler (1 coat primer + 2 coats paint), and we did two rooms with sponges. Took forever and cost big $, but the house looks nice.

I hate painting as well! :angry2::angry2::angry2: If I can't spray it, you better find someone else. Tape everything off and go to town. I still hate it, but I like the money saved by not hiring it done. :blush:

When we were selling our house in Trenton, I went to a pistol match and then to work one fine Sunday.....

.....Carol painted the living room, bedroom, office, dining room and kitchen in that time. Of course it helped that we had almost no furniture or other belongings in the house at the time....

When it came time for painting he asked, "You in on this?" I picked up a nearby 2x4 and handed to him. "I'd rather you beat me with that than paint."

Hank I'm with ya here ....... I'd just as soon build a wall, or lay some tile, or do the electric work (I can run circles around electric work) than drywall or paint, and yet I find myself painting the bedrooms in my house right now too. I've done 2 coats, and still have to do the trim.

I just dont have the patience. I get bored in about 20 minutes, and find myself right back here or on Facebook.

But, I am trying to sell this house and move to a warmer climate! :)

That fact alone makes it all worth it. :rolleyes:

I hope this is not considered a rebuttal, but...

Man, you so do not want a wife that likes to paint!

Just a snippett,

Come home and the living room is a different color that you hate. Not a really small room either.

Come home tired from working two days of 17 hrs in a row, and your bedroom is all in the living room, and wife is happily painting it while singing up a storm.

or

She is found at 9 mos pregnant with a sprayer wetting the acoustic ceiling at 2am on top of a 4ft ladder. "I just wanted to prep before I paint it tomorrow." she said smiling as I grumbled my way back to bed. :rolleyes:

She is clean, and quick. (She taught me topaint really.) But she asks for no opinion, and you just come upon the scene after the crime was committed.

But alas, it sure beats doing it yourself.

And I LIKE painting! :roflol:

Edited by JimmyZip