Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

FullAuto Super 1050

I just installed one of the Ponsness Warren power drives units on my Super 1050 and man is it sweeet. Just stand there with your foot on a pedal and keep things fed while you watch the rounds drop into the tray. They have two basic versions for each machine 1000, 1050, and Super 1050. One for pistol (1200 rounds per hour ) and one for rifle ( 900 rounds per hour ). It only needed one simple adjustment after I installed it.

Brian

Edited by Too_Slow

Eventually, I want one for my super 1050.

I think I'd like to replace the foot pedal with a simple on/off switch, and wire in a microswitch to shut it down for low primers. I'd still need to be close by, but I could float between filling primer tubes, topping up brass and bullets, etc.

Well it would be easy enough to use the other set of contacts in the low primer sensor to do that and just wire it in parallel with the foot switch. There is already both a power switch and a 3 position forward/off/reverse switch on the control box for the motor.

Brian

So....for about 3 grand, you can have a fully automated 1050 and a bullet feeder?

How finicky is all of this stuff? I'd hate to drop that kind of cash and spend more time "fixing" things than reloading.

I have to say that looks pretty awesome!!

Speaking of bullet feeders, wasn't RCBS supposed to have theirs to market already? I think it was unveiled at SHOT.

If you are thinking of a bullet feeder for a Dillon I would STRONGLY recommend the Mr. BulletFeeder (formerly known as KISS) system. Have one installed on my XL650 and another one currently on the way for a Super 1050 along with the P-W Auto Drive system.

My experience with Mr. BulletFeeder is it is outstanding (have run approximately 4K rounds thru it thus far in 45 ACP and 9MM) and Rick, who is on these forums, is great to deal with. If you do a search you will find many threads on it in Brian's Forums and here is Rick's website: www.mrbulletfeeder.com.

Take Care,

Mike

Edited by mhconfo

Interesting illustration at www.mrbulletfeeder.com. Do they now have a setup where the feeder attached directly to the press so you don't have to use up table space with the toilet bowl ring (an excellent and creative use of a readily available part for the mounting system).

My Kiss Bullet feeder runs great. I might ( I say again might ) get one upside down bullet every case of bullets. It just runs and runs without a problem. As for the P-W Auto-Drive unit it is very heavily and well constructed. The bottom plate is full 1/2 inch plate with what looks to be 3/8 plate on the motor and gearbox supports and all of it is welded together.

While I have not loaded very many using the Auto-Drive yet I have loaded about 20,000 with the bullet feeder and the only problem was a blown fuse and that was my fault.

Brian

Interesting illustration at www.mrbulletfeeder.com. Do they now have a setup where the feeder attached directly to the press so you don't have to use up table space with the toilet bowl ring (an excellent and creative use of a readily available part for the mounting system).

Rob,

My Mr. BulletFeeder was supplied with a bracket that you simply bolt to the 650's case feeder (i.e., the 2 bolts running thru the press to hold the case feeder support tube). Thus it didn't take any space on my work bench. I did weld up my own bracket for the Mr. BulletFeeder as I have a round counter I built that I integrated into it. I believe the Super 1050 Mr. BulletFeeder (which I will have on site next week along with the P-W Auto Drive) also will have a bracket that attaches to the 1050's case feeder.

Let me know if you want any pictures.

Take Care,

Mike

Edited by mhconfo

Rob,

I believe the Super 1050 Mr. BulletFeeder (which I will have on site next week along with the P-W Auto Drive) also will have a bracket that attaches to the 1050's case feeder.

Let me know if you want any pictures.

Take Care,

Mike

I just unpacked my Mr. Bullet Feeder for my 1050. It not only comes with the bracket and mounting hardwear, but Rick gave his Sharpie a workout labelling the press and collator side.

Liability.

if somebody's gun were to blow up because of a double charge of powder or squib thrown by that $3,000 camdex machine, who gets sued over it? Replacement cost of the gun, medical bills, lost work. If this was a well publicized civil matter, it might just get the attention of the ATF. No thanks!

So....for about 3 grand, you can have a fully automated 1050 and a bullet feeder?

How finicky is all of this stuff? I'd hate to drop that kind of cash and spend more time "fixing" things than reloading.

I have to say that looks pretty awesome!!

Chris, you have a mill. You can make a collator/feeder yourself. If you look around the internet enough, I am sure you will find enough pics or videos of them in action to engineer one on your own.

Matt - I'm with you (and it's something of us were considering at one time). As for liability, don't sell any ammo. That's your ammo, you loaded it, you bought IF it screws up (and once you get a Camdex set up I don't see it screwing up).

Rich

Matt - I'm with you (and it's something of us were considering at one time). As for liability, don't sell any ammo. That's your ammo, you loaded it, you bought IF it screws up (and once you get a Camdex set up I don't see it screwing up).

Exactly. You just load for yourselves.

I think I'd like to replace the foot pedal with a simple on/off switch, and wire in a microswitch to shut it down for low primers. I'd still need to be close by, but I could float between filling primer tubes, topping up brass and bullets, etc.

I think I would rather have a dead man switch on mine. You never know what can happen, and turning it on and walking away is probably not a good idea.

The unit does look pretty cool. I have seen a 650 with a similar set up on it at a commercial loader.

Randy

I think I would rather have a dead man switch on mine. You never know what can happen, and turning it on and walking away is probably not a good idea.

The unit does look pretty cool. I have seen a 650 with a similar set up on it at a commercial loader.

Randy

Is there a clutch with a safety shut off incorporated into this design? What happens in the case of a jam? Anybody tested it?

Is there a clutch with a safety shut off incorporated into this design? What happens in the case of a jam? Anybody tested it?

That's my concern. Part of cranking it yourself is being able to feel any hitches, resistance, etc., that might signal a problem.

I have really bad tendinitus in my elbow and would love to get this but...

There is a clutch built into it and setting it is part of the setup. You want it set so that it rolls past the two ends ( up and down ) but will slip on a jam. It is working pretty good on mine. It slipped just like it is supposed to on a crushed primer jam that I had. It does not shut off the motor but it does stop the motion of the machine.

Brian

Edited by Too_Slow