Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where Do You Buy Your Bullets?

I'm curious where everyone gets their bullets. I've been curently getting them for local gunshops so I wouldn't have to pay shipping costs. However, I've been shooting mostly lead and want to switch over to Jacketed in .40 for my SVI being built. If you order from online where do you buy from? I've found a few sellers on Ebay but I'm waiting to see which brand they are selling.

I'm interested in buying Montana Gold for the most part.

Thanks,

Pete

Depending on where you're located (your profile doesn't say), there are some travelling vendors that go to matches and have good prices on cases of bullets (often Montana Gold)-- big matches are much more likely to have vendors.

If you can get enough friends together, it's possible to order enough bullets that they'll truck ship free. One guy around here does that with Rainier and another with Hornady.

Some of the Montana Gold distributors will drop ship for free if the order is large enough and it is shipped to a business address. The shippers have all determined that they can screw the private residences out of additional fees now so.... :(:angry:

But it usually isn't too hard to find someone with a commercial address that is willing to accept your order.

PM me if you need more specific info. I will have to go figure out where the last order came from which means a trip out to the workshop and I am feeling lazy tonight.

If you go to a local gun show, sometimes you'll fiund sales of bullets at good prices. Like everything else, know the prices before you go. Or at your local club find people to go into a quanity purchase, if you buy enough it gets much cheaper. Hardest thing is having everyone agree on brand.

If your club doesn't there may be other clubs that you could piggyback with.

It's all in the shipping...

I like WEST COAST, RAINIER, BERRYS AND ZERO. My club use to do bulk orders and have them delivered to the range address and get free shipping from Westcoast but now we order from ZERO as the are made in relatively local and will normally have a employee just drop them off for free shipping. I really like ZERO's 180 JHP.

I shoot Zero's and in my mind the best place to get them is Shooter's Connection. Chuck supports all of us and USPSA. He offers great prices, service and advice. Of course, I suppose it does help that he is only a couple of hours down the road so it doesn't cost me freight..... ;)