Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 Memphis Charity Challenge

Hey all, get your entries in.

The "Challenge is for you ""sometimes"" revolver shooters to break out your closet guns and come do a Major USPSA match against no other division. AND raise research money for St. Jude Childrens Research Hospital.

I have it on pretty good authority that the "KING" Jerry will likely be there (Small conflict right now, but looking likely) TEAM USA Gold medal winner and MANY Area match winning Limited GURU Shannon Smith (SmittyFL) has told me he intends to make it as well as several of his FLorida buddies.

Team SIG member Rodney May (Production GURU) will also be attending.

John Scouten and Shooting USA will be on hand with thier cameras.

Come on out and take the "Challenge" !!!! (I dare you) :devil:

Hopalong

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

33 registered shooters as of 1700 18th of September. Many of the "regular" revolver shooters have said they intend to come, I have yet to see their applications. Several shooters at the USPSA Nationals have said they intend to come and also said they would send their entries after the Nationals.

SPRINGFIELD has stepped up, we have 3 FREE guns coming for the prize table (NOT all XDs either) :cheers::cheers::bow:

Hearthco has been at the fire, he will be sending his WORLD FAMOUS moon clips.

Carmoney has sent a free "Carmonize" job

Elliott has sent some "Speedy Racks"

North Mountain sent some Moon holders (Single and multi post)

Smith & Wesson has said they'll "do something" Julie is a little busy right now.

Mississippi Classic has sent a free entry for next years match

ICORE Southern Regional has sent a free entry for next years match.

ICORE CUP (Jackson MS) has sent a free entry for next years match.

Missouri Fall Classic has sent a free entry for next years match.

That's the top of the list (off the top of my head) If you know someone who would love to donate something please let me know.

IF you want to donate to the St. Jude Childrens Hospital we'll gladly accept those too.

John Scouten with Shooting USA will be on hand filming. If you want to get your 15 seconds of fame, this is a real good chance. B)

I do have some shooters from as far west as UTAH, NORTH as Minnesota, East as North Carolina (Not many though, there are a bunch of wheel gunners in NC ) South as Florida. Just need more to step up and "Take the Challenge" ! :sight:

Hopalong

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Hop,

Sorry for the long delay. Never figured having a second son would keep me so busy! Don't get to keep up on BE as much any more, and I haven't even shot more than a couple of local matches in the last 3 months. My application is going to be in the mail tomorrow, though. Hope to see all of you there in 1 month!

Gregg Wheat

STILL plenty of time, We'll even take walk up shooters on Saturday AM.

LATE FEE WAIVED !!! :cheers:

Hop

So Hop, How many of these "Wheel Gun" Shooters have shot a "polish plate rack"? Being one of the "Bottom Feeder" Crowd I want to try it with a Wheel Gun too! I watched my mentor shoot it clean, 8 shots, 1 reload didn't move! :surprise: . Any of you wheel guns out there want a new challange, you need to be at this match! :cheers: ............sixinch

...so what is a polish plate rack??????

I've been wondering the same thing and just found out. Wow! :surprise: I did a Google search for "polish plate rack pistol" and found a couple of short video clips of someone shooting one with an open gun. This thing ought to be interesting with a revolver.

I checked and my company has a Matching Gift program. So I am trying to register the entry fee as a donation to the St Jude Research Hospital of Memphis so my company will match the funds. Unfortunately, they won't let you register the donation in advance so I will try again after the match.

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to provide a couple of updates to the match.....

.....registration will be held at the range in the elevated house next to the stages (as opposed to the club house down the road from the range). We will be there until 7:00 PM Friday. Shooting will start at 8:00 AM Saturday. If you cannot make registration Friday evening, please try to be at the range at 7:00 AM Saturday morning.

And if anyone decides to shoot the match at the last second, please send your information to myself and/or Sam and then you can pay at the match.

If you have not received confirmation from me (received an email with your PIN), please let me know. Your application, if sent fairly recently, is probably still with Sam. However, I will follow back up with Sam to verify he has your application.

If you have any questions or need anything, my information is:

Brad Griffin

brad.griffin@gmail.com

615-415-0099

ANONCEMENT !!!

MGM targets has stepped up to sponsor the match in a BIG way........... Please read and if you are not coming to the match , but want to get in on the set send $$$ with someone you know.

MGM Steel challenge Donation to Memphis CHarity CHallenge: http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...t&p=1077823

Thanks Travis and Mike.

Hopalong

Another annoucement :

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...t&p=1078859

Basicly, the match has been upgraded to a level II match and will go in as a classifier itself. ;)

Hop

And those who doubt there is a healthy population of revolver shooters in USPSA.

Our first try out will be 65+, this will be an annual match and will be the first full weekend of November in 2010 (tentatively) so plan on it now .

WEll I've a little kind of bad news.

John Scouten contacted me and said he will not be able to make it down to film the match this year due to schedule conflict he just couldn't rearange.

Sorry to hear it myself, but thems the breaks. Maybe next year !!!

ON the good side of the news.

We've almost DOUBLED the numbers for the most revolvers at a single uspsa match in the history of the division (2006 USPSA Nationals) :cheers: Congatulations to all for that.

Hopalong

WEll I've a little kind of bad news.

John Scouten contacted me and said he will not be able to make it down to film the match this year due to schedule conflict he just couldn't rearange.

Sorry to hear it myself, but thems the breaks. Maybe next year !!!

ON the good side of the news.

We've almost DOUBLED the numbers for the most revolvers at a single uspsa match in the history of the division (2006 USPSA Nationals) :cheers: Congatulations to all for that.

Hopalong

Way to go Hop!

you are the Wheel Man!!!

See you next week

And here is Robert Thomas shooting his snubbie Ruger in 45 Colt. 45 Colt making major PF out of snubbie sounded a bit like a cannon!

Robert shooting the classifier.

:goof: That is the first time that I have seen a video of myself shooting at a match. I knew that my 45 Colt rounds were louder than what other shooters use, but I did not realize that they were THAT loud. :surprise::lol: