Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ATTENTION AREA 8 MULTI GUN

ATTENTION SHOOTERS

READ TO THE END

I am sorry to announce that the AREA 8 multi-gun has been canceled. At this time we just don't have enough shooters signed up to justify and cover the expenses we would have to support the RO's and other costs. We also had some difficulty getting some of our stages approved because of higher round counts and fewer shooting positions.

I am however announcing that I would not let 3 gun shooters in the area down. I plan on running a 3 gun the same day with the same stages we had planned for the area match. It will however be a level I match, so some stages may have higher round counts than approved for a level III match.

The match will have 7 stages and will have the same start time. Myself, Howard and a few of our dedicated staff will set-up thursday and shoot fri. All other shooters will shoot sat. The match fee will be dropped to 75.00 a shooter. There will be a very good payout, (last month I ran a 3 gun and had a 60.00 entry/46 shooters and paid out 2,000.00) So I ecpect to pay out that much at the least. I also have talked to some of our sponsors that were backing the Area 8 match and they agreed to let us keep their prizes and hand them out at this match.

If you still want to shoot the match I will give you a 50.00 refund when you come to the match. If you would like to cancel your spot please email me and I will send you a refund. I apoligize for losing the Area match title, but promise this will be a great match and you will have a great time.

thanks,

Dean

That bites. But I do plan on still shooting it.

I'll be healed up enough to shoot it and the VA/MD sectional the week before (I had support hand surgery two days ago).

Dean, great to have people like you in our sport. Some would have said, screw it, I need to go shoot something!

Call it the Area 8 Multi Gun, Dean's Match, I don't care, it's a 3 gun match and I can't wait to shoot it!

What to expect at a Dean's Match? A lot of fun and probably some nasty stuff! Can't wait!

Seriously Dean, thanks for staying with it!

Dave Staub

Attention SHooters is here an email I just emailed to everyone that had registered. Some of them I got back, so please pass this around.

thanks

Dean

Shooter,

As some of you may know already the area 8 multi-gun is canceled. Instead we are going to run a regular level I multi-gun that same weekend. Shooters will still shoot sat with satff shooting on fri. there will be 7 stages with 150 rifle, 93 shot, and 90 pistol. The main reason the match is changing the match is we couldn't agree with the uspsa on the round counts for 3 gun. for a level I we can break the rules a little. We also didn't have enough entries to justify paying for all the staff and shirts, we would have lost money.

I have contacted some of the sponsors, Larue, Lancer and STI are sstill in. I will try and get more. There will also be a pretty good cash payout.

We will start shooting at 8:30, shooters meeting at 8. If you are late we will start without you. When the stages are done they will be cleaned up, no 1 hour wait, scores will be done while we clean up. Once all stages are cleaned up we will hold the prize table. If you are not present for the table you will be skipped. No one to pick for you. This will encourage all to help clean up so we can all leave. We expect to be done with the prize table by 6:30-7pm.

If you are already registered fo rthe area 8 I will give you a refund at the match, if you want to pull out I will send you a full refund. I am sorry this happened, but Howard and I cannot afford to have the match be in the red, unfortunatley we cannot run the match like Obama is running the country, we asked him for a bailout, but didn't like his rules any better than uspsas.

If you want to be squaded with some one please follow th efollowing proceedure. ONE PERSON will email me a list of all those people that want to be on the same squad. ( not each person) I will do my best to get everyone together, it has not been a problem in the past. It will be a great match with lots of challenging stages.

thanks

dean

I'm not sure of Shangy's hours but if you are interested in buying some of his better stuff you had better plan on winning your division. Prices are going up considerably, but unlike primers and powder, at least the selection is still awesome. If you are not from this area, Shangy's stands with Cabela's as a must-see attraction.

Dave Sinko

• 3 weeks later...
If you want to be squaded with some one please follow th efollowing proceedure. ONE PERSON will email me a list of all those people that want to be on the same squad. ( not each person) I will do my best to get everyone together, it has not been a problem in the past. It will be a great match with lots of challenging stages.

thanks

dean

Dean, what is the address we should use?

area8mg@gmail.com is not working.

Thanks!

thanks

dean

Dean, what is the address we should use?

area8mg@gmail.com is not working.

Thanks!

The area8mg@gmail is an email address the I setup for the Area 8 Multigun Championships. I check it pretty much every evening and I have only seen three emails since it was announced that the Area 8 Multigun Championship was cancelled. If I was to receive any email regarding the match he is running on that weekend I would forward them to Dean.

Alan

• 2 weeks later...
Okay, dumb question... When is this match??

The 2009 Area 8 Multigun was cancelled. Dean DeTurk and Howard Thompson and crew are still holding a Multigun match at the Topton PA range this Sat 19 June 2009

alan