Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What to do........

I'm leaving this as an open ended question since I have been chewing the grits over this for the past few years.

If you could go any where with in the 48 states, you would go to.....And while there.... You would do or see what?

I have been all over the Midwest...Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, Colorado, South Dakota, Iowa, Missouri, Arkansas, Minnesota.

I have even made an exception in the past like Pennsylvania, though didn't have the opportunity to get out and see the natural wonders the state has to offer. Since I was strapped to the books the whole time I was there.

I've been to all the places that you mentioned as well. Where I have never been and would like to go someday is Yellowstone. What to do? Enjoy the beauty.

The wife wants to go to Arizona, New Mexico, ???, on a rock hound excursion. That sounds like fun but also sounds like work. Guess who would be doing all the digging :rolleyes:

Keeping with the midwest, I suggest a couple days backpacking along the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore in northern Michigan.

Alternatively you could sail or kayak along the coast (something quiet).

DSC01980.JPGpuzzlecvrpixrk.jpg

Or if you're interested in traveling broader, I've always wanted to visit The Wave in the Coyote Buttes on the border of Utah and Arizona. Access is kept pretty limited though.

Verm_wave.jpg

Cape Canaveral during a launch (of anything) and the Kennedy Space Center are very memorable.

While you're in Florida, cross the state and swim in the Three Sisters Springs that feed the Crystal River. It frequently has manatees. The outlet is very short and it's possible to swim up directly over the spring which is a huge cavern. Scuba divers can go a little ways into the cave, but they're swimming against a pretty stiff current at that point.

Pictures - http://www.tfn.net/Springs/ThreeSisters.htm

A video -

Hi im from Norway but i travel to the US every year, and have seen a lot of your country.

MY favorite place has to be Savannah, Georgia. A very nice city with good food and nice people.

When i come to think about it, the South is just incredible.

Deep sea fishing outside Key west.

The NHRA hotrod show in Louisville, Kentucky.

Visit a wiskey destillery in Lexington, Kentucky.

The possibilities are endless.... ;)

Just about any of the "not so popular" beaches of the Gulf of Mexico are really nice. The water is nice and the sand looks like sugar. Deep sea or surf fishing abounds in the Spring and early Summer, the view can be kinda nice too. Family forum, can't post pics. ;)

I would pm people I've interacted with on these forums and find out calender dates for matches they'd be shooting and then plan a road trip to encompass as many as I could. Get a production gun/rig, buncha spare parts, stock up on ammo at the start or acquire on the way. I'm sure everybody I'd meet would have more than enough "What to do's" for me, and getting them in person would be half the fun.

Just about any of the "not so popular" beaches of the Gulf of Mexico are really nice. The water is nice and the sand looks like sugar. Deep sea or surf fishing abounds in the Spring and early Summer, the view can be kinda nice too. Family forum, can't post pics. ;)

I live in St Petersburg... 85 degree air, and 80 degree water... in May! The beach is always great, and the history/eating/nightlife stuff is pretty good too, and you can shoot USPSA Tues/Fri nights at the WAC, in Clearwater! Bring your favorite toy.

Jeff

Alaska

That would be my suggestion, but he only wants the lower 48. Don't know why he hating on upper 2. My wife & I went there in 2001 and we still talk about it like it was last month.

Not hating the upper two, Alaska and Hawaii are on my "To Do list". Just protesting the airlines for some of the choices they made in recent years, both to their employees and their customers.

• 3 weeks later...

Heavy Barrel,

Thanks for the support. As a pilot for a large, Denver based airline that most either love or hate, I appreciate the support for the employees. That said, I have traveled to all 50 states and there isn't just one place to choose. If you like big cities: Boston, New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, or Seattle are favorites. If you want beach: Miami, San Diego, Norfolk, or Monterey are hard to beat. Favorite Monuments: Statue of Liberty, Mt Rushmore, The Alamo, or Providence, RI Capitol Building.

Lots to choose from. Get 1000 places to see before you die. They have an awesome section on the US.

Jason