Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Calipers?

My old dial calipers took one too many dives off the bench in the last 15 years and are unusable. Needing reading glasses now I thought about going to digital readout calipers. Who makes a decent set for a reasonable price? Dawson sells one, Midway has several brands, RCBS, what do you recommend?

Thanks!

I absolutely 100% recommend Harbor Freight.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/disp...temnumber=47257

I've used them for years and they are a fantastic value.

My old dial calipers took one too many dives off the bench in the last 15 years and are unusable. Needing reading glasses now I thought about going to digital readout calipers. Who makes a decent set for a reasonable price? Dawson sells one, Midway has several brands, RCBS, what do you recommend?

Thanks!

The Harbor Freight ones look exactly like my RCBS calipers, except for the graphics on the slide...My guess is they ARE the same--all the $20 digital calipers out there are the same thing. Harbor Freight is fine, or Midway, or whatever.

DD

Only two ways to go cheap digitals or good quality dial calipers off ebay used.

I like the dials best. You can get a good one for less than 25 bucks, don't buy Chinese get Jap brands or if a big spender Starrett or old Brown & Sharpe American Calipers. Have a Mauser Venier too but it's not quck or easy to read.

Boats