Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Movement and reloads

G-ManBart

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That drill is far too complicated and long to draw a conclusion about the reload.

Maybe......... but I figured a few things out for myself and thought I would share this video and maybe help some others out.

BK

I video taped myself at a match this past weekend shooting standard division,.but with 10rd mags.(think L10) Using my tanfoglio Limited Custom .40,..I noticed my mag changes were only completed after the first or 2nd step,....although I do start them the moment I break off from the last shot from the shooting position. In production there is more effort into getting the mag change done earlier,..not altogether static, but usually before I start moving. SO,..I think in production I tend to have to concentrate on it more. It does slow me down, as I did this stage in production and it was almost 5 seconds slower. Probably because I shot a little cleaner, but also because my mag changes might cause a slight hesitation to get moving. ANSWER; practice mag changes in production,...it makes the other divisions mag changes (all with mag wells) easy.

Edited by Mo Hepworth

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

That drill is far too complicated and long to draw a conclusion about the reload.

I concur.

Do the same drill again but simplify it and look only at the movement split and ignore the overall time. Move into (or start from) box A and move to box B with and without a reload at least 5 times each way and get an average of the split time between boxes for each. Then repeat but start from box B and move to box A with and without a reload. Generally there should be about .10 difference as everyone has said.