Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Robbie Johnsons new stock

bigbrowndog

I got to pick up my new stock at the BRM3G, I've not fired a round thru it but really like the adjustability features and ability to accept AR stock and pistol grips. i've already changed the pistol grip from the one that is shown in the pics.

Robbie said the Magpul UBR (i think) is a very good alternative to the one he provides. I like the provided one as is.

The stock itself is lighter than a comparable AI stock, and all the big screws used to attach the rifle and stock together are backed up with steel bushings, and threaded the same.

For those of you that need IR capability the rifle comes with rails already placed for that purpose.

It uses AI mags, and should accept any aftermarket triggers, i asked about the Jackson 2 stage trigger and he does not know for sure about that one, yet.

until I was told that mine would be green, I was under the impression that you could have any color provided it was black!!!!!

So as far as other colors available I do not know.

If you are looking for a very nice alternative to the AI stock, or having to bed you rifle to get good accuracy, give Robbie a call at AMU.

BTW, I got mine by letting him win BRM3G, I had to stage dq a stage just to make sure he would win though. :roflol:

Trapr

post-3384-1240960806_thumb.jpg

post-3384-1240960827_thumb.jpg

post-3384-1240960845_thumb.jpg

post-3384-1240960865_thumb.jpg

post-3384-1240960882_thumb.jpg

Lots of modular stocks on the market now. They are popping up everywhere, some are expensive, some not so much. I am fond of the Ashbury International design, but since they are not available for civilian sales. Next for me would be the McCree Precision. Quality and price speak volumes in that piece!

http://www.mcreesprecision.net/modss/s338_2.jpg

http://www.mcreesprecision.net/modss/50_4.jpg

http://www.mcreesprecision.net/hunter.htm

I actually like the rounded corner profile of the TACMOD/Robby Johnson Stock. the hard corners and edges of the McCree just sing discomfort while carrying.

Robby, also uses his rifle in real life scenarios somewhat similar to what most of us on this forum participate in, and knowing that I feel very confident that the R&D of the stock has eliminated any possible aggravations that seem to come up at the least opportune time.

As for cost, the cost is quite comparable to a high end complete fiberglass stock with pillar bedding and you get the ability to personalize it with options YOU see fit, when you want without VOIDING the warranty.

Trapr

Chris it was a hammer actually, and then a dremel made it narrower.

thats what is called custom work :roflol:

Rich, I do not beleive it is available for anything other than remmy's

Trapr

Edited by bigbrowndog

Chris it was a hammer actually, and then a dremel made it narrower.

thats what is called custom work :roflol:

Rich, I do not beleive it is available for anything other than remmy's

Trapr

Did you heat it at all, or just beat it flat? Did you have to take it apart?

I can't stand the curved trigger on my 700. Not comfortable and too far out from the grip.

I took the trigger off of the action, set it on a hard flat steel plate and hit it with a hammer repeatedly, till it was flat, then I dremeled it thinner and hung the tip off of the edge and beat it into a slight bend.

No heat, medium sized ball peen hammer, flat steel plate, I was not worried about damaging the trigger because I was not planning on keeping the trigger, it has worked out quite well, but I plan on replacing the trigger once I find a suitable 2 stage.

The Jackson trigger is the one I want but it was not available here in the US until recently, and now they have a new one out that I want to check into.

If you do not wish to "customize" :roflol: your trigger I"ll call you when I replace mine and you can have it.

Trapr

I took the trigger off of the action, set it on a hard flat steel plate and hit it with a hammer repeatedly, till it was flat, then I dremeled it thinner and hung the tip off of the edge and beat it into a slight bend.

No heat, medium sized ball peen hammer, flat steel plate, I was not worried about damaging the trigger because I was not planning on keeping the trigger, it has worked out quite well, but I plan on replacing the trigger once I find a suitable 2 stage.

The Jackson trigger is the one I want but it was not available here in the US until recently, and now they have a new one out that I want to check into.

If you do not wish to "customize" :roflol: your trigger I"ll call you when I replace mine and you can have it.

Trapr

Cool. I have the X-Mark trigger now so I may try to 'customize' it as you say. I've been looking at the Rifle Basix triggers since they are available from Brownells. The Huber trigger looks cool, but at $375 I want to try one first.

Chris, I've spoken with the manufacturer in England and it is a very nice trigger. They make a model 22 trigger that is supposed to be more robust and better suited to Tac Rifles, only it is not available here yet. It is the one I'm waiting on, the Model 21 is a very fine trigger in its own right, but it is better suited for pampered target rifles.

Sorry to hear you broke your trigger shoe, I was wondering if mine would break when I first whacked it. I figured if it did I'd just weld an extension to get by with.

Trapr