Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 Western Pennsylvania Section Championship

you betchya. gonna be a long assed two weeks for me.. i'm stuck out of town for this week. no money for practice ammo hell I don't even know if i can FIND ammo for the match. does anybody know if they have winchester white box 100 round packs at wal-mart still?

WV now has yengling too. know (vaugely) where there is a beer garden in monroeville! just gotta get up there somewhat early that night...

Well a bit of an update. Match is over, and it was a damn good match! the rain held off today and made it a great day to shoot, the very experienced staff was efficient and professional. ( that happens after a few area matches)

I was not sure even wanted to go shoot a match, after the long week last week. but it was made a good experience, and all the good company helped too. It was great seeing those faces I haven't seen in a while.

Thanks to all the match staff for working hard and having this match when a few weeks ago it was questionable.

+1 to what Steve said. Seven stages, including dropping a bowling ball into a toilet and we were done before 12:30 PM. Super efficient, friendly, knowledgeable match staff all around. I look forward to the Western PA sectional and again it did not disappoint. Cheers to ALL the match staff. :cheers:

Now, were are the results? :P

Now, were are the results? :P

They had them done before I left the range! Moneypenny won production tha was the only division I looked at, sorry.

Was a good match, my only complaint was splitting the squad during a stage to do chrono, and of all stages to split on it was one with 4 activating targets, basically everyone got to see it in walkthrough then maybe one more time while you were on deck. Of course I completeld screwed that one up I am sure I wouldn't be complaining if I smoked it. :ph34r:

As always it was nice to BS with everyone before during and after the match.

to the staff: THANK YOU! if you don't work I don't get to play. :cheers:

Got home around 7:30, I forgot how bad the traffic can be on I-70 eastbound on Sunday afternoon. The match was a lot of fun and we had a great time. I always enjoy shooting at the Pitcairn-Monroeville club; it was good to see everybody there. Thanks to all who worked hard to pull off a successful Major Match! I'm glad I was able to sneak in the match at the last minute by the grace of my sponsors: Rudy, Ron, and Megan...hehehe. :D

scores will soon be listed under major matches. slight glitch as we are trying to get the scorekeeper to move them there.

Glad you guys had fun. I want to thank all of you that did show. We went from a strong chance of no match to almost 100 shooters. All thanks to you folks who signed up.

Stop by the web page (www.westernpasection.com) for a link to pictures of the match - you might see yourself!

Edited by vluc

Fun, safe, well run match. Just as advertised, we started shooting at 9am and was finished at 12:30. Thanks to all those who made this match possible. We will return next year.

It was a good time shooting with you and your wife. I didn't know you came up all the way from SC! I'm already looking forward to next years match and what Matt and Gem City pull off. Maybe we'll see you there!

• 5 weeks later...