• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

Bobby,

Rule 1 - You will always be dressed stupidly when you have an accident like this.

Rule 2 - When doing self-surgery to repair injury caused my rule #1, dress in a manor that will not cause the Para Medics to drop you while laughing, carrying you out to the ambulance.

We can always count on someone to come up with an excuse well before the Sunday match. Setting low expectations. Next you're going to say you will shoot revolver this weekend.

(Take it easy buddy)

Mark

Man I feel your pain :(

I had a similar incident involving a 'whirring blade' if you will back in January and

while my fingers still hurt from time to time they're mostly healed.

I didn't do any self-surgery though I went straight to the ER :P

Take care of it and you'll heal up no probs :)

Get well soon!

:roflol::roflol::roflol:

Bobby,

Rule 1 - You will always be dressed stupidly when you have an accident like this.

Rule 2 - When doing self-surgery to repair injury caused my rule #1, dress in a manor that will not cause the Para Medics to drop you while laughing, carrying you out to the ambulance.

We can always count on someone to come up with an excuse well before the Sunday match. Setting low expectations. Next you're going to say you will shoot revolver this weekend.

(Take it easy buddy)

Mark

I might just come out and shoot in my Superman roos!

I had a similar injury when I was a kid. I was playing barefooted & dropped one of those old big A_ _ Tonka toy dump trucks on my big toe. Blood all under the nail. About 2:00 or 3:00 in the morning I couldn't stand the throbbing in my toe anymore and my parents to me to the Emergency room. The Dr. drilled through the nail with some sort of heated needle. I remember it hurt like hell and blood went everyewhere, but it was INSTANT relief from the pain.

This one time... at band camp...

I was cleaning a spark plug in a big bead blaster. The front panel fell off and landed on my big toe. My hands were inside the gloves in the blaster. I screamed like a little girl. After I managed to extract my hands I pulled off my shoe to inspect the damage and found a condition very similar to the one kgunz11 describes. My toe felt like it was gonna explode. A friend suggested I allow him to drill a hole in it to relieve the pressure. I said no way Hosea, gimme that drill, I'll do it my self. My results were exactly like kgunz11's. <_<

My dad had to go through the hot paper clip method when he was a kid. A navy doctor did it on his fingers and my dad said it was explosive. Get 100% for the match!

the hot paper clip thing was new to me when i was about 12 or so. i smashed my finger. i was a kid. meh. i heard of the paper clip thing, so i swiped one and got it cherry hot with a lighter....

i guess i was nervous about sticking something red hot on my nail, so i cooled a little.....

PSSSSTTTTT..... as it melted thru my nail... cant feel it, cant feel it, cant feel it.... POP! it gets thru the nail, but me going so slow the liquid nail and cooled and stuck onto the paper clip, which was still one shade from hotter than the sun....... and its burning my nail bed.

so i do the OUCHAOUCHAOUCHA hand flingie thing around in the kitchen with this paper clip stuck in my freakin thumb, throwing blood everywhere while im doing it.

stupid.

now i just use the smallest drill bit i can find and twizzle it between my thumb and pointer on the offending nail. it takes about 5 minutes of twisting the bit, and you'll feel it start to get thru completely..... its very controllable and no pain, minus the slight amount of pressure needed to make the bit cut.

*POP*

damn near orgasmic on one that hurts :)

Edited by halogrinder

My grandpa was a diesle mechanic and I watched him drive a hot metal scribe through his nails more then once. He smashed countless fingers pulling axles on the Jersey turnpike in the middle of the night. He was one tough old guy and I don't even think he owned underoos...