Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CR Speed Rig / versa pouches

ironb

Okay, Ive got a nice CR speed rig w/ versa pouches, but the pouches keep sliding around on me. what's the best way to lock 'em into place?

buy velcrol and place on the inside surface of the pouches to mate with the inner belt. they won't slide any more.

Good luck,

Bill W.

You see those little "toothpick's" they come with. Those are used to "wedge" the pouch in place, but you put them on the bottom seem, so it's along the bottom of your CR speed belts. Position them where you want, then use the those little black tooth picks and wedge them in place. Mine always worked for me.

The new CR speed belts are even tighter fitting.

You see those little "toothpick's" they come with. Those are used to "wedge" the pouch in place, but you put them on the bottom seem, so it's along the bottom of your CR speed belts. Position them where you want, then use the those little black tooth picks and wedge them in place. Mine always worked for me.

The new CR speed belts are even tighter fitting.

Those are great till you loose a few. The velcro sticks the pouches to the inner belt and they never move. Set screws are a nice idea but I don't have the time or patience for it.

Hello: The velcro on the inside of the groove in the hanger works the best. You will have to use a piece of plastic or cardboard to install them. Then you can add the velcro to the inside to attach it to the other belt. Make sense? Thanks, Eric

The velcro sticks the pouches to the inner belt and they never move. Set screws are a nice idea but I don't have the time or patience for it.

The velcro helped for me but didn't hold. I didn't have the time or patience for the screw either so I put mine on a Double Alpha belt. Problem solved.

Another vote for drill-and-tap, except I also used the wedges.

After mounting the pouches on your belt and forcing the wedges in, turn it over. Where the mounting bracket goes around the bottom of the belt, drill a small hole (right through the wedge) and tap it for a set screw. I think mine are a #10 size. I was able to get some fairly long set screws at the local hardware store without much effort (~ 3/8").

Rock solid.

:)

Whether you use the toothpicks, drill set screws, or use a DAA belt...you should still apply some velcro to the back of the pouches. If you have several pouches close together, there is a large area of the outer belt that isnt in velcro contact with the inner belt. This may not be a big deal if you only have a 2 or 3 pouches. But on my Production rig, the 5 pouches arranged together leave a 9" section of unsupported belt.

Velcro does the trick.

Whether you use the toothpicks, drill set screws, or use a DAA belt...you should still apply some velcro to the back of the pouches. If you have several pouches close together, there is a large area of the outer belt that isnt in velcro contact with the inner belt. This may not be a big deal if you only have a 2 or 3 pouches. But on my Production rig, the 5 pouches arranged together leave a 9" section of unsupported belt.

Velcro does the trick.

Good point. I have velcro on mine, but to keep the belts together as you said. The set screws I put in to keep the pouches from moving around on the outer belt.

The belt choice itself still doesn't alleviate the problem of the inner and outer belt not contacting one another. As Antichrome says Velcro on the portion of the belt loop helps it connect to the inner belt much better. This stopped my pouches from bouncing up and down while moving briskly through a course of fire. I did the same thing to keep me from snatching my Revolver moon clip holders of my revo rig.

The belt choice itself still doesn't alleviate the problem of the inner and outer belt not contacting one another. As Antichrome says Velcro on the portion of the belt loop helps it connect to the inner belt much better. This stopped my pouches from bouncing up and down while moving briskly through a course of fire. I did the same thing to keep me from snatching my Revolver moon clip holders of my revo rig.

Ah, put velcro on the inside and outside. Great call. I'll give that a shot (NPI) next weekend.

Edited by ironb

• 8 months later...

I just got my CR belt this week and already knew of the problem they have with their loose pouches from a friend. I got the industreal velco and put a piece on the inside of the pouch loop, Then take a piece of hard thin plastic like from a see through package you got something in and cut it down to where it will slip into the loop. I tryed to use a piece that had a 90 degree on it so it wouldn't slip back out as I slid it on. I made 4 of them so I could get them all on and put the belt on then see exactly where I wanted them. Once I got them there I just removed the belt and pulled the pieces out and they're stuck. I still put some on the back side so I have more surface contact on the inner belt too.

The plastic seems to work the best as it is slick and will conform alittle to help when first getting start on the belt.

Scott

Ah, put velcro on the inside and outside. Great call. I'll give that a shot (NPI) next weekend.

I used the toothpicks, but some were still loose. I used zipties, the same width as the toothpicks, in addition to, or in place of the toothpicks. No, I didn't ziptie them together.. I inserted one ziptie from each side, grabbed the tips with pliers, and pulled each one through until the fat end snubbed up against the mount. Clip the ends, finished. The pouches don't move.

• 1 month later...