Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

WANTED SHOOTERS FOR

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ft. Benning 3-gun has a little different scoring. 2 hits required unless shooting HM, A=0 seconds added C= .5 second added D= 1.5 second added.

USPSA new scoring is 2 ANYWHERE, or 1 A to neutralize ( like steel city carbine match in Birmingham AL)

FWIW.

Hop

Thanks for the info Hop! I say do away with uspsa scoring for all 3 gun matches. We need only 1 set of rules, not 2 or 3 depending on the match.

Ft. Benning 3-gun has a little different scoring. 2 hits required unless shooting HM, A=0 seconds added C= .5 second added D= 1.5 second added.

USPSA new scoring is 2 ANYWHERE, or 1 A to neutralize ( like steel city carbine match in Birmingham AL)

FWIW.

Hop

Steve, ya still gotta make minor :-)

Now I gotta figure if I want to run my .40 limited gun with suped up mags that work, or try my 9mm mags in my eagle that are unproven....hmmm i think I know the answer to that one :-)

Edited by steel1212

Well, you may have make minor, but only for uspsa. I will almost guarantee some dont in the matches without a chrono. So, you are shooting the 9mm then huh? :roflol: Be good to meet some of you guys on here at the match. You shooting with the rest of the Lex crew?

Now I gotta figure if I want to run my .40 limited gun with suped up mags that work, or try my 9mm mags in my eagle that are unproven....hmmm i think I know the answer to that one :-)

Simple-run the eagle tomorrow at steel. Or not-shoot it and live on the edge!

Dave

Simple-run the eagle tomorrow at steel. Or not-shoot it and live on the edge!

Dave

The eagle runs, but I know me and I'll want to try to get 24 rounds in my 140 tubes that I bought for PROAM. I think I'll just my .40 limited gun....for now :-)

all this new math hurts my head. So if you put 2 hits on paper or one alpha that doesn't add to your time right? What if you only put one Charlie on paper? Does this work for rifle as well?

Well, you may have make minor, but only for uspsa. I will almost guarantee some dont in the matches without a chrono. So, you are shooting the 9mm then huh? :roflol: Be good to meet some of you guys on here at the match. You shooting with the rest of the Lex crew?

I know I'm shooting with at least 2 from lex, don't know where the other guys are shooting. By the way my 9mm makes a 138PF think you very little :-)

Go ahead and shoot sub-minor, see if you knock down those large poppers... :ph34r:

you guys need to get out more, time plus or a variant is how most 3 gun matches are scored.

jj

Edited by RiggerJJ

Go ahead and shoot sub-minor, see if you knock down those large poppers... :ph34r:

you guys need to get out more, time plus or a variant is how most 3 gun matches are scored.

jj

Time Plus for those of us that don't get out much...

Additional scoring methods to Comstock.

Time Plus scoring is available for testing purposes in both Level I and Level

II matches, time plus will be scored as follows:

MG9.1: Scoring perstage will be straight time with bonus’foraccuracy.

Any IPSC cardboard target, designated as a “shoot” target must have either

one (1) “A” hit OR two (2) hits anywhere inside the scoring perforations on

the target (i.e. minimum 2 “D” hits) to avoid a penalty.

Examples of neutralized targets include:

a. One hit in upper A/B zone

b. One “A” hit on lower Azone

c. Two hits anywhere in scoring area (i.e. – minimum of two “D” hits) to

avoid penalty.

Example of scoring and penalties on paper targets:

a. One “A” zone hit = no penalty

b. Two hits in any combination “C or D” = no penalty

c. One C or D hit only = 5 second penalty (Failure to neutralize)

d. No hits on target but target was engaged = 10 second penalty

e. Target Not Engaged (TNE)= 10 second penalty for not making the min-

imum two hits anywhere on the target plus 5 seconds, per target, for the

TNE PROCEDURALfor a total penalty of 15 seconds per target added

to time.

Designated “No Shoot” targets that are hit will incur a 5 second penalty for

each hit.

Knock down style targets (i.e. poppers) must fall to score. Poppers will be

calibrated using the proper calibration gun and ammo for the discipline being

used on such targets

Failure to engage a frangible, knock down or swinging style target will result

in a 15-second penalty. (10 seconds for not making the hit and 5 seconds

TNE.)

Engaging a frangible, knock-down or swinging style target but not breaking

14• USPSAMulti-Gun Addendum, 2009 Edition

it (one BB hole is a break), knocking it down or causing the target to react

will result in a 10 second penalty per target. R.O. may call hits.

Procedural penalties, 5 seconds per shot, may be assessed for failing to fol-

low the stage directions as written in the stage description.

Procedural penalties, 5 seconds, may be assessed for failing to follow stage

procedures.

Stage Not Fired (SNF) penalty, 500 seconds per stage not fired.

Maximum penalty time for any stage (including target penalties) is 500 sec-

onds.

MG9.2: Stage Points

First Place (lowest time) for each stage, in each division, will receive 100

points; Second Place and below will figure points on a percentage basis of

the 100 from 1st Place.

Total points accumulated for all stages will determine the match placement

by division.

Highest score wins.

Edited by steel1212

I'm a bit confused. :wacko: I understand time plus....no problem. I assume since time plus scoring is being used that power factor is not an issue. Can we shoot 9mm and be fine? What will be the purpose of the chrono if power factor does not matter?

Basically....I just need to know which pistol to bring. Of course I prefer my 9mm.

The chrono is there just to keep us "honest". We all have to make at least minor. After I found out this was time plus I decided to shoot my ammo left over from the BRM3G match that makes 145 pf instead of major rounds out of my open gun. This is just going to be a hose fest to see who is fastest on their feet and trigger and not actually do anything for marksmanship.

We are going to use the USPSA rules listed in the above reply. Chrono will be used to make sure that minor power factor is being made. I believe the heavy metal div. still has to make major as per the provisional rules for that division.

First Place (lowest time) for each stage, in each division, will receive 100

points; Second Place and below will figure points on a percentage basis of

the 100 from 1st Place.

Total points accumulated for all stages will determine the match placement

by division.

Highest score wins.

There will still be each division and all classes within each division for match placement.

I'm a bit confused. :wacko: I understand time plus....no problem. I assume since time plus scoring is being used that power factor is not an issue. Can we shoot 9mm and be fine? What will be the purpose of the chrono if power factor does not matter?

Basically....I just need to know which pistol to bring. Of course I prefer my 9mm.

Corey's info is correct. Plus we will have a chrono to check for 125 pf for pistol, 150 pf for rifle, and major scoring for the HM guys. Note that there are no disappearing tgts and misses on steel or clay incur a 10 sec penality.

Gary - On "Good Day at Black Rock" scored hits are "per time plus scoring" which seem to be different from the rest of the stages. What does "plus scoring mean"? Also, what does "plus bonus for accuracy" mean in the explanation you gave on your post about scoring. How is the chrono to be run? Separate stage? Use your guns or competitors? Thanks.

Hoping for good weather at the state match. Just have to figure out what to shoot for the pistol. Broken slide + 6month wait on replacement is not fun a week before the match. Looking like Single Stack for tactical optics might be the way to go and try for 1 for 1 on alphas or work alot on the reloads lol

Gary - On "Good Day at Black Rock" scored hits are "per time plus scoring" which seem to be different from the rest of the stages. What does "plus scoring mean"? Also, what does "plus bonus for accuracy" mean in the explanation you gave on your post about scoring. How is the chrono to be run? Separate stage? Use your guns or competitors? Thanks.

The stages will all be scored the same. It must be a typo on the Black Rock Stage. I'll check it. The chrono will be a seperate stage. The competitors guns will be used. There are no bonus tgts.

The props are all finished and we will work on setup this weekend after the pistol match on Sat. We are only one week away. Guess I better thinking about loading ammo.