Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 Pro-Am Championship UPDATE

I am ready for my "first" pro-am.

Therefore I cannot vote on last years stages.

I signed up for limited. Are there any limitations as to the type of firearm/magazines to use?

I have a G17 with a robar style grip reduction, and wondered if this is acceptable?

Does major/minor PF matter here?

I just signed up, I'll read the rules later ;)

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am ready for my "first" pro-am.

Therefore I cannot vote on last years stages.

I signed up for limited. Are there any limitations as to the type of firearm/magazines to use?

I have a G17 with a robar style grip reduction, and wondered if this is acceptable?

Does major/minor PF matter here?

I just signed up, I'll read the rules later ;)

If it's legal in Limited, then it's legal here! That sounds like a good set up. There is no power factor...but there's no calibration either!

We'll see you here!

Phil

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I've got the stages finished...except for the par times. Once I figure those out, I'll post them. I don't think it will matter, but what the heck!

All of the stages should be fun...some more than others! I'm looking forward to seeing them set up and ready to run!

Remember, the late fee deadline is next Friday MAY 5th! DON'T DELAY!

Competitors will shoot the entire match in HALF A DAY! That means you can come out the next day and shoot the other match, as well...or if you're really feeling tough, shoot them both on the same day like the Pro's.

LIMITED Matches (Fri, Sat, or Sun)

7:30am - 12:00pm

OPEN Matches (Fri, Sat, or Sun)

1:00pm - 5:30pm

The prize table is looking pretty good so far. Hope we get more help, though!

Phil

2009_Pro_Am_Stages.pdf

Nice, they look very creative.

Lets just hope the heat isn't so intense this year. I'm definitely not wearing a black t-shirt again...

Can't wait,

Craig

June should be a bit more mild...let's just hope the rain doesn't become an issue!

Thanks for the compliments...I hope everyone is right!

I've added a Schedule of Events on this post. Should give everyone a better idea as to what's going on and when.

Phil

2009Schedule.pdf

Edited by gmshtr

Hello everyone,

I've included the updated squad lists and 2009 Pro-Am rules. Please make sure that your classification is correct...I'm trying to ensure that everyone's classification in the scoring program is accurate.

Also, I've decided to waive the late fee from this year's registration. HOWEVER, the deadline for refunds will be May 15th. Any cancellations after this date will forfeit their match fees.

Please send your registrations early! I've got so much on my plate, and it makes things incredibly easier when last minute registrations are avoided. Unbelievably, 99 amateur competitors from last year still haven't registered for 2009 yet! I'm up to 35 guns on the table thus far, which is 14 more than last year!

Don't miss out! For all match info, visit http://www.usshootingacademy.com/content.aspx?id=136

Thanks,

Phil Strader

Match Director

2009 Pro-Am Championship

Squad_Lists.zip

2009_Pro_Am_Rules.pdf

Edited by gmshtr

Just FYI, the May 5th deadline for late fees has been waived. Shooters will be able to register up to the day of the match with no late fee...however, this is extremely discouraged! Please send your match registrations as soon as you can. It will make things SO much easier for everyone.

Sincerely,

Phil Strader

For anyone that was at the match last year.

Can you tell me how shooters who where unclassified were allowed to visit the prize table. The way I read the rules it seams like you could be in the top 5 overall but if you were unclassified you would have to wait until they went through the 5th position in each class. The way I read the rules unclassified is not a class. So does anyone remember what happen or what your thoughts are on this subject. I would love to go but it seems like since I am unclassified I would just be shooting for an overall place which could be high but would always be low in terms of priority to the prize table. I sent Phil a PM but I have not recieved a response so I was hoping someone else knew. I would like to know these details before I decide to drive a 900 miles to shoot.

I guess on a side note does anyone know how you can get classified for USPSA in 4 weeks somewhere with 150 miles of North-central Ohio?

For anyone that was at the match last year.

Can you tell me how shooters who where unclassified were allowed to visit the prize table. The way I read the rules it seams like you could be in the top 5 overall but if you were unclassified you would have to wait until they went through the 5th position in each class. The way I read the rules unclassified is not a class. So does anyone remember what happen or what your thoughts are on this subject. I would love to go but it seems like since I am unclassified I would just be shooting for an overall place which could be high but would always be low in terms of priority to the prize table. I sent Phil a PM but I have not recieved a response so I was hoping someone else knew. I would like to know these details before I decide to drive a 900 miles to shoot.

I guess on a side note does anyone know how you can get classified for USPSA in 4 weeks somewhere with 150 miles of North-central Ohio?

You missed several classifier matches. If you can swing it, hit a match every weekend and hope they pay by credit card and you'll have 4 on file if your lucky. If you can find some sat and sunday matches the same weekends you'll up your odds. If you can find someplace shooting a IDPA classifier, join it and shoot the classifier and wala your classified.

If you appeal to be classified at a higher class with reasonable results to back it up, I'll be flexible. The easiest way to get a classification is to shoot an IDPA classifier match. Remember, you can use EITHER your USPSA or IDPA classification. For last year's match, I used some shooters' Bianchi classifications because they didn't want to shoot Unclassified either.

See, I'm easy to work with! Sorry it took me a while to get back to you, but the best way to reach me is still through email.

Phil Strader

philstrader@cox.net

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I've updated all of the stages with the Limited and Open par times. I've also updated the squad lists. Due to a few last minute withdrawals, I've got 8 slots left for Sunday AM (Limited).

PLEASE check to make sure you're squadded. I've had A LOT of people think they're registered, when they're really not. Somehow their checks are getting cashed, but I'm not getting the match applications. If you know anyone else who is going that doesn't check this forum often, please contact them and refer them to this page. Just so you know, names in BOLD BLUE are RO/Staff and names in RED or people who have not submitted payment.

Also, please spread the word that the entire match is shot in 1/2 day formats...Limited in the morning and Open in the afternoon.

I've attached the updated squad list, weekend schedule, and scoring program. The scoring program is the most important one to check to ensure your name is on it, and you're the correct classification.

See you in June for a GREAT time!

Phil

Squad_Lists.zip

2009Schedule.pdf

LIMITED_Scoring_Program_Amateur.pdf

OPEN_Scoring_Program_Amateur.pdf