Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Steel Challenge record setter on TSA Website

redwoods

This is obviously not me but it is good to see that our air marshals can shoot.

http://www.tsa.gov/press/happenings/world_...hip_record.shtm

Nice to see our club mentioned by name.

Ironic to see the following quote:

"The Federal Air Marshal Service has attracted many excellent marksmen over the years. It is no surprise to learn we have one of the best here in New York."

When both New York and New Jersey state legislatures are working real hard to drive competitive shooters in respective states out of existence.

Without our competitive scene, where do they think this Air Marshal would learn to shoot the way he does?

Several of the FAMS in the Atlanta office can shoot as well and hold quite a few titles in IDPA and USPSA. The FAMS definitely stand out amongst the Fed LE and most other LE for their shooting ability.

JJ is not a flying FAM though. He is an instructor at Headquarters to my knowledge. But none the less......a good one to be instructing.

Mike Seeklander was also one of the original ones responsible for the FAM service firearm training program.

Several of the FAMS in the Atlanta office can shoot as well and hold quite a few titles in IDPA and USPSA. The FAMS definitely stand out amongst the Fed LE and most other LE for their shooting ability.

JJ is not a flying FAM though. He is an instructor at Headquarters to my knowledge. But none the less......a good one to be instructing.

Mike Seeklander was also one of the original ones responsible for the FAM service firearm training program.

You are correct except Mike was one of the 1st post 9/11 and not really one of the originals. My stepdad is a retired FAM (hired in 1989 I believe) and Mike is waaaay too young to have worked there. The FAM's were alive and working even prior to my stepdad's time.

You are correct except Mike was one of the 1st post 9/11 and not really one of the originals. My stepdad is a retired FAM (hired in 1989 I believe) and Mike is waaaay too young to have worked there. The FAM's were alive and working even prior to my stepdad's time.

Oh yeah......I think the original flying 6 started in the late 70's to early 80's. Prior to 9/11 there were still not very many Sky Marshalls. Now.....there are some 9000 nationally. But word is they are going to phase out the FAM position and make them Transportation Security Agents and start covering all facets of transportation. We'll see what happens.

I'm sure a lot of us on this board know this person, but really, we need to keep his identity confidential. I just think it's crazy that the TSA would put out a press release with a blurred out photo. I've heard that there are several other top shooters that will soon be entering the program. We're all proud of them, but let's keep their identities secret.

Seiichi