Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Max Michel and Travis Tomasie @ IL Section

JThompson

DOUBLE IMPACT TRAINING

at the

2009 Illinois Sectional Championships

Why settle for one instructor, when you can have two of America’s best! Max Michel and Travis Tomasie will be

conducting a custom THREE DAY training course during the 2009 Illinois Sectional Championships. The course

schedule will be as follows (all days start at 8am and go until training is completed):

DAY 1: Friday August 28th, 2009

• Safety

• Equipment Analysis

• Fundamentals (stance, balance, grip, sight picture, sight alignment)

• Draws

• Reloads

• Target Awareness

• Target Acquisition

• Movements

• Q&A Session

DAY 2: Saturday, August 29th, 2009

• Strong/Weak Hand

• Kneeling

• Prone

• Shooting on the Move

• Stage Analysis

• Man-on-Man Steel Competition (if time permits)

• Weapon Maintenance

• Final Q&A Session

DAY 3: Sunday, August 30th , 2009

A special treat to our students. Max and Travis will shoot the Illinois Sectional with their

students. This is the perfect time to apply what you have learned in an actual match situation.

They will help you break down the stages and be there to answer any questions you may have.

You’ll have the added bonus of watching these guys in action. If you have never seen these

guys shoot live, it’s something to watch. But… you not only get to watch, you get to shoot with them!

Instructor Biographies and Achievements

Max Michel

• Manager of Competition Shooting Activities –

Sig Sauer

• Coach of the Army Marksmanship Unit

Action Pistol Team

• World Steel Champion – 2005, 2007

• USPSA Open Champion 2004 thru 2007

• Gold Medal – 2008 IPSC World Shoot 3rd

Place – Open Division

Travis Tomasie

• Member – Army Marksmanship Uni

• Gold Medal – 2008 IPSC World Shoot Champion – Standard Division

• USPSA Limited Champion - 2008

This class is $650, which includes your entry into the 2009 Illinois Sectional Championship. A non-refundable

deposit of $150 is required along with your registration form to guarantee a slot in this course. The remaining $500

paid at the start of the class. Make checks payable to: Milan Rifle Club IPSC

For more information, contact Frank Wolverton at milanuspsa@gmail.com

Full details with registration below.

DIT.pdf

Edited by JThompson

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great to have you guys... I took this class with these guys a few weeks ago. I learned more in that one class than I learned on my own in the previous two years.

So far we have 3 signed up from posting here and another 4-5 by other means.

Sign up people, this will be a great time... Both Travis and Max put you at ease. I thought I would be real nervous with them, but it never happened... in listening to them before we got started, it felt like we'd been shooting together for months. I was less nervous than when I shoot a match. The guys really put you at ease, which is a fundamental for instruction.

JT

Edited by JThompson

+1 on this class. I wasn't sure about being able to apply the things I learned in the class. I thought it would take months and months to be able to actually use this stuff on the range. Boy was I wrong. They have a way of teaching their skills so that they become instinctively ingrained in your technique. My very next match I was shooting better points and faster times. Even beat some local GM's on some of the stages.

Go to this class, you WILL NOT be disappointed!!!

+1 on this class. I wasn't sure about being able to apply the things I learned in the class. I thought it would take months and months to be able to actually use this stuff on the range. Boy was I wrong. They have a way of teaching their skills so that they become instinctively ingrained in your technique. My very next match I was shooting better points and faster times. Even beat some local GM's on some of the stages.

Go to this class, you WILL NOT be disappointed!!!

The movement work was really great... I need to get working on that. My wrist has been so bad I can't shoot. :(

Edited by JThompson

• 3 weeks later...

When I took this class, Max spotted some holes in my index, body movement etc... I went back and worked on it and the next classifier I shot was 100% my first ever 100% btw, ;):surprise:

Just an FYI... I was A open shooting 79% Unless my math is as bad as my spelling, I will be M with 85.3. How's that for results guys? Travis and Max have a great package for dryfire/livefire that WILL take you up a class in short order should you train with it.

Edited by JThompson

First off Congrats!! Which classifier was it? I guess you're buying the beer.

Second I can't get attachment to open. This sounds like a boatload of weekend entertainment and it's during a time of year that may be adaptable for me. Now for the finance part of it with the Nationals the following month.

First off Congrats!! Which classifier was it? I guess you're buying the beer.

Second I can't get attachment to open. This sounds like a boatload of weekend entertainment and it's during a time of year that may be adaptable for me. Now for the finance part of it with the Nationals the following month.

Strange... that's on Brian's site as an attachment.

I dropped it on my sever... it may be a little slow, but you should get it.

APP Click Here

Fluffy 1 2.46 down 2

That one can be done in 2 secs

Edited by JThompson

I am definitely interested, but sadly, I'm am highly doubtful about funding for travel/registration and such. I read the miss. classic thread, and I am curious: does the same "free junior" offer apply to this class as well? I am working hard to shoot whatever matches I can, however I am unsure whether I will have the $$$ to get to this event.

I am definitely interested, but sadly, I'm am highly doubtful about funding for travel/registration and such. I read the miss. classic thread, and I am curious: does the same "free junior" offer apply to this class as well? I am working hard to shoot whatever matches I can, however I am unsure whether I will have the $$$ to get to this event.

Nick,

I know of no deal for that, you could ask Max about it though. I get a free slot which I will not be using since I'm the QM for the event. I also paid to take the class a short time ago.

We have a local Jr, who shows a great deal of promise, I told him that he can have my spot, so it is going to a Jr if all goes well. I didn't consider you being so far away. :(

Best,

Jim

Edited by JThompson

Nick,

I know of no deal for that, you could ask Max about it though. I get a free slot which I will not be using since I'm the QM for the event. I also paid to take the class a short time ago.

We have a local Jr, who shows a great deal of promise, I told him that he can have my spot, so it is going to a Jr if all goes well. I didn't consider you being so far away. :(

Best,

Jim

No problem ;) Thanks! I sent max and travis an email, inquiring, so I'll see what happens. :P

Thanks though. I'll get out that way someday lol.

Nick,

Best,

Jim

No problem ;) Thanks! I sent max and travis an email, inquiring, so I'll see what happens. :P

Thanks though. I'll get out that way someday lol.

If they agree we would be happy to have you Nick. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in, and I've convinced a friend from work to come as well. We're going to send out our apps this week.

He's not a new competitor, but new to USPSA, with only one classifier score ( B ). Is that going to be an issue signing up as UC?

Edited by RobMoore

I'm in, and I've convinced a friend from work to come as well. We're going to send out our apps this week.

He's not a new competitor, but new to USPSA, with only one classifier score ( B ). Is that going to be an issue signing up as UC?

Nope... He's more than welcome. As long as he's a member of USPSA, he can shoot the match and take the class.

Frank