Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Max Michel and Travis Tomasie @ IL Section

JThompson

We're now up to 10. :cheers: Supposedly, I have another in the mail, so that would make 11...

1 (or 2 if the other guy flakes) more, and we guarantee both Max AND Travis, per all of our phonecon's with them

Also... looking at Max's schedule... it hasn't been updated since December of 2008... He has given us zero reason to believe that he isn't coming. Travis is the one that has to get the time... and he's why we need 12 to confirm them both.

Frank

Edited by Franklin D Wolverton

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a bit surprised by this though. Isn't Max scheduled to shoot the Area 8 Championship on this weekend?????

I just got done talking to Max. He is coming for sure.

You're assumptions are correct. He is going to try and shoot Area 8 on Thursday, then fly here.

Travis is still pending, but we'll know within the next 7 days. It's all going to depend on the USAMU allowing him the time off.

Just so you know, we do still have slots left. 6 as of this evening. You're not gonna find much better training. I wish I wasn't running the sectional at the same time, or I'd be on it in a heartbeat. I'm probably gonna try and sneak down there and get a few pointers... :devil:

Frank

Got a little more information...

You'll need to bring approximately 1,500 rounds for the class (1,000 for the class, and twice the round count for the match - per Max - 237 * 2 = 474).

Times: Approx 9am-5pm (8am-done on match day)

Bring your gun, belt, pouches and at least 4 mags.

A more detailed syllabus will be e-mailed to students in early August.

Frank

I've been asked a couple of questions about the class, and thought I would answer them here, as they are good questions...

Q. Is there space left?

A. Yes... as of today, we have 6 slots left for the class.

Q. Is there actual shooting during the classroom session? If so, how much? I'm wondering about the ammo requirement...

A. You can expect to fire approximately 1000 rounds during the class, according to Max.

Q. How many rounds are suggested/needed for the match on day three?

A. The match minimum round count is 237. It would be a good idea to bring somewhere between times and a half a twice this amount.

Frank

Looking to keep costs down!

Anyone that is attending the class interested in splitting a room for thurs night thru sat night? Or fri and sat if your coming in on friday morning.

Mildot

We're now up to 14 students. This means that there are only 2 seats left for the class.

I'll be leaving for Area 3 tomorrow, so I won't be able to do any updates for a few days.

Frank

Good deal. It will probably be full by the time you get back from Area 3.

Good deal. It will probably be full by the time you get back from Area 3.

That's my hope :)

Congratulations to the following students who qualify for the Quinn Mounts offered by Jim Thompson:

Danny Woodard

Bruce Guither

Chuck Everland

Jake Caswell

He will give them to you at the class (no, I don't know if they are version 1 or the new ones, but I'm sure he'll let us know shortly).

Frank

Edited by Franklin D Wolverton