Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Max Michel and Travis Tomasie @ IL Section

JThompson

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our apps are going out today. I think we also have a 3rd person talked into going from work, but he is waiting for his USPSA number.

Tell him to go ahead and send his app in... we can add the number in for him later.

Frank, let me know when you get the sixth and I'll give Max a ring... either that or you can, doesn't matter.

My guy is a LEO and he said he won't commit until closer to the date to make sure he can get it off... They don't like to give him time off that far in advance. He's 95% though.

So 7 is looking pretty good... if there are people on the fence, now would be a good time to jump. :)

JT

We talked to Max. They need a minimum of 10-12 before they will completely commit. We have 7 (most likely 8 right now).

We need 2-4 more students to register in order to confirm the class.. The class is $650 (yes... I know... thats a lot of cash), but the deposit is only $150, with the other $500 payable at the start of the class (at the end of August). Your match fee to the Illinois Sectional is included in the price of the class (actually... I'm eating the cost... we are not getting any of the registration money... plus I'm eating the cost to Brian for advertising... :cheers: ).

We can't get better instructors... Max and Travis are two of the best shooters in the world.

Frank

Just a few more. Where else can you take the class and then shoot a sectional with the teachers? Just do it! I also sweetened the deal by donating up to four Quinn mounts when you sign up for the class. The mount has a $120 value, use it, or sell it to get some cash.

JT

Edited by JThompson

Thanks Jim for your donation of Quinn mounts. Was nice to see you at Drazy Steel Shoot.

Come on guys, this is a great training deal from some real good guys and top men in our sport PLUS you get to shoot the match with them [Max Michel and Travis Tomasie]. You can't do that everyday. We need a minimum of four more enrollees to pull this off and make it worth their while. Sign up info and details are at the first post in this thread

We're hoping that worst case scenario, Max will come by himself if we have less than the 12 needed for both to come. Can't count on it though.

In order to get both, Travis has to ask for the time soon... the Army can take awhile sometimes... :roflol:

However... if we get the 4 more registrations... it isn't a problem :cheers:

Should be a heck of a class. We have students coming from half way across the county for it.

Jim's offer makes it even sweeter for the next 4 to sign up. :surprise:

Frank

Edited by Franklin D Wolverton

We just got a note from Max.

The class is ON !!!

With the number of students we have right now, they have agreed that at least one of them will do the class. If we can get 4 more students, then both of them will come. We have 8 students registered at this point, and we have room for 8 more.

Don't forget that your entry into the 2009 Illinois Sectional is included in the cost of the class. You will be eligible for any awards available for the sectional, just like everyone else. Plus, I think the biggest perk of all... you will be squadded with one of the instructors for the sectional... breaking down the stages, applying what you have learned, and constructively critiquing each others runs.

Also... see JThompson's post above. He has donated 4 of his new Quinn mounts to the cause. The next 4 people who register for the class will receive a Quinn mount for free ($120 value). Use it, trade it, sell it... whatever. Some of the big name open shooters use them... so you can't go wrong.

The class is $650, but you only need to send in $150 with your application (You CAN send in the whole amount, but you don't have to) to reserve a seat. You'll pay the other $500 when you come to the class. Just a personal note... the Illinois Sectional is not receiving ANY of this $650. We are eating the cost of your registration.

The $150 is non-refundable, but I will allow it to be transferred (i.e. I can't make it, but "John Doe" is taking my place. Your deposit will "transfer" and become John Doe's deposit).

The application is in the first post of the thread...

Frank

Just another bump, for those that may be interested. We still have 8 slots (and 4 quinn mounts) available for this class.

Frank

Sending mine in today.

Thanks for the opportunity!

Brad Metcalf

Edited by mildot1

My class spot will be given to a Jr from our local club... I think this kid has lots of potential and the class should take him to the next level.

Dieter, tell Alex he's in!! I spoke with Max and he said I could transfer my spot to you. You will need to download the class registration and write in that you are taking my spot.

Congrats!

JT

PS Frank, I think they count my spot as an entry, so we have 10 now!

J

OK. Cool. I didn't know we were getting a slot, but that works for me. I can't use it :)

In case anyone is interested in who has registered for the class (meaning that I have received their entry for and deposit)...

Go to the USPSA self-squadding system for the Illinois Sectional, and look at squads 28 and 29.

Frank

Edited by Franklin D Wolverton

• 2 weeks later...

Just another quick little bump. We're still sitting at 9 registrants... so we still have space.

I wish I could do something about the price... but that's beyond my control :wacko:

I'm actually losing money to offer this class :cheers: (the entire class fee goes to Max and Travis)... I'm eating the cost of the sectional entry you get as part of your class registration.

Plus... we get the added benefit of 3 days with them... instead of the normal 2. Normally, they charge $500 for two days of training... for an extra $150, you get the third day... shooting the sectional with the two of them (in your own dedicated squads... nobody getting free training just because they were lucky enough to be squadded with them). You get their full and undivided attention.

Personally... I think the match time is the best part of the class. You get to apply what you have learned in the other two days, in a match... still under the direction of your instructors.

Nobody can argue they aren't two of the best of the game.

Don't forget... you don't have to pay the entire $650 today... all you have to do is pay $150 to hold your slot, and pay the other $500 the first day of the class.

Frank

Wow. I didn't realize you guys were doing this! If I can work it out at work to get Thursday off I'll probably be contacting you to have my entry switched over to a deposit towards this.

I am a bit surprised by this though. Isn't Max scheduled to shoot the Area 8 Championship on this weekend?????

Edited by staudacher