Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Primers (maybe)

Sarge

My local shop should be getting primers tomorrow early. I plan to call when he opens. Anyone local to me can PM me for contact info. He does not know what he is getting(brand, size, etc) But he ordered 100k of everything hoping to get at least some of it. According to him his supplier did confirm he is getting primers. That is all I know. No less, no more.

I hope this does not come back to haunt me. :unsure: But I should have enough to last me a few years.

I found 15K of Winchester SRPs on my local gun shop's shelf this morning. They were begging me to buy them for only $50 per 1K of primers. :surprise: I forced myself to pass.

I hope your local dealer is a bit less greedy in his pricing.

They were begging me to buy them for only $50 per 1K of primers. :surprise: I forced myself to pass.

Good for you. :cheers: And then these people wonder why we purchase stuff off the Internet. Please don't forget,.... their GREED. :angry2:

A.T.

* :angry2: *

Did he get as many as he ordered? If so, it's the hoarding mentality that's killing us...

I hate to get all BSG here, but this has all happened before. It will all happen again. Only difference is how we deal with the period between.

Last time, the cache lead to a small blip in the number of active IPSC shooters, but at the same time, the subsequent dip in component sales lead shops to stop keeping inventory.

This time, lets all try to lend a hand. This time next year, when the store shelves are full, and your bench has 5 years of supplies on hand, think hard. When you burn through 2k of stock, consider buying 1k from your local dealer.

Shoot more. Build your skill set. Encourage new shooters. Keep your local dealer wanting to bring in fresh, reasonably priced stock.

Put another way.....

We're all pissed off at the shortage of supplies because the dealers can't get stock. If we turn around, sit on our stashes, and slowly consume them without buying from our local dealers, guess what the result will be? In five years time when we need fresh stock, the number of stocking dealers will have dwindled and the remaining dealers will be charging more.

If nothing else fl\olks, let's make this period of time a net positive one for sports shooting.

Edited by Canuck223