Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 Fort Benning 3 Gun Challenge

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any news about this match? Havent heard anything so far...

Well......when Linda is ready and has ALL the information she requires from the AMU, she will start to prepare for the match and issue all her necessary announcements. As of the end of the match last year. We were told it will happen again. It just may be 3 days instead of two and maybe more stages.

Best advice......be patient and wait for Linda Chico or Big Hamp to announce the match info. If you were a competitor last year. You will get early warning. Of which I have not yet. So it is still in the works.

Waiting patiently (Patience my a$$, i want in again!)

I will be sitting up with finger poised when the entries are announced. This match is worth the extra couple days off. I will skip just about anything else there is to shoot this match again.

However, I also realize that bugging Linda will not get me anywhere. We need more Lindas!

Jim

Just like in 2006, 2007 & 2008, sign up will be early in MAY. By mid April, I will email the procedure for 'sign in' to the following people:

1. Anyone who shot it last year.

2. Anyone who signed in last year, but had to withdraw from the match

3. Anyone who spent time on the waiting list last year, even if they had to withdraw from the list.

4. Anyone who has contacted me in the meantime, and asked to be notified when the application is available.

I will also post on this forum. The specific procedure for 'sign in' will be spelled out IN DETAIL in that message. And, just for the record, I don't anticipate a major change from 'sign in' last year. It will be a very similar process. Shooters who think they will be "sponsored shooters" have to 'sign in' just like everyone else. And we will be the same weekend: December 5 & 6 (if 2 days) or December 4, 5 & 6 (if 3 days).

As always, our staff members for 2008 will get the first notice, with a request that they help us again. If 2008 staff members prefer to be paid shooters, rather than staff again in 2009, they will be given guaranteed slots to the 2009 match. They still have to pay, but they are exempt from 'sign in.' Also, the 4 shooters who won the team drawing last year are exempt from 'sign in' & get a free shoot.

Also, for the record, I have not heard yet if the match will be 2 or 3 days in 2009. Not a clue. I do not know if the price will be the same, or how many stages we will shoot, or any other details that keep appearing in the questions sent by email. And Tod & Jim are absolutely correct. I promise to post as soon as I know details. And there is no point in asking questions before then.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2009 Ft Benning 3 Gun Statistician

Edited by LChico

The main reason for asking was that I heard some rumors that the match might not happen, but it seems like those rumors are completely unsubstantiated. :D

I will now shut up and sit back and wait....

Just like in 2006, 2007 & 2008, sign up will be early in MAY. By mid April, I will email the procedure for 'sign in' to the following people:

3. Anyone who spent time on the waiting list last year, even if they had to withdraw from the list.

4. Anyone who has contacted me in the meantime, and asked to be notified when the application is available.

I will also post on this forum. The specific procedure for 'sign in' will be spelled out IN DETAIL in that message. And, just for the record, I don't anticipate a major change from 'sign in' last year. It will be a very similar process. Shooters who think they will be "sponsored shooters have to 'sign in' just like everyone else. And we will be the same weekend: December 5 & 6 (if 2 days) or December 4, 5 & 6 (if 3 days).

As always, our staff members for 2008 will get the first notice, with a request that they help us again. If 2008 staff members prefer to be paid shooters, rather than staff again in 2009, they will be given guaranteed slots to the 2009 match. They still have to pay, but they are exempt from 'sign in.' Also, the 4 shooters who won the team drawing last year are exempt from 'sign in' & get a free shoot.

Also, for the record, I have not heard yet if the match will be 2 or 3 days in 2009. Not a clue. I do not know if the price will be the same, or how many stages we will shoot, or any other details that keep appearing in the questions sent by email. And Tod & Jim are absolutely correct. I promise to post as soon as I know details. And there is no point in asking questions before then.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Any particular's for Active Duty currently assigned to Ft Benning?

Again, like 2006, 2007 & 2008, all potential sponsored shooters & all active duty potential shooters must 'sign in' just like everybody else. In my initial response to everyone who signs in, I explain to everyone how to move off the "general list" & onto the sponsored list or active duty shooter lists. We usually have more active duty shooters who want to attend (and more sponsored shooters who want to attend) than the number of slots available for those two groups.

I try really hard to get folks off the waiting lists, but the reality is that this match is very popular. Last year I had 30 shooters still on the waiting list at the start of the match. And I had many drop off the list during the last 3 weeks, because they needed more time to make travel plans. That said, everyone who signed in on the first day (even late) was eventually offered a slot in the match. Folks who signed in two weeks later did not get to shoot. The only exceptions I made were for active duty or activated reservists and guardsmen who were out of the US, in service of our country, during the May sign in. Those guys were bumped to the top of the waiting list.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Edited by LChico

Again, like 2006, 2007 & 2008, all potential sponsored shooters & all active duty potential shooters must 'sign in' just like everybody else. In my initial response to everyone who signs in, I explain to everyone how to move off the "general list" & onto the sponsored list or active duty shooter lists. We usually have more active duty shooters who want to attend (and more sponsored shooters who want to attend) than the number of slots available for those two groups.

I try really hard to get folks off the waiting lists, but the reality is that this match is very popular. Last year I had 30 shooters still on the waiting list at the start of the match. And I had many drop off the list during the last 3 weeks, because they needed more time to make travel plans. That said, everyone who signed in on the first day (even late) was eventually offered a slot in the match. Folks who signed in two weeks later did not get to shoot. The only exceptions I made were for active duty or activated reservists and guardsmen who were out of the US, in service of our country, during the May sign in. Those guys were bumped to the top of the waiting list.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Thanks for the quick response. I didn't start shooting until late 2008 so I don't have any experience with the match. I'll be looking forward to the official announcement. Can you add me to the list of people you notify? Hopefully it's not like the three gun and fills up in like 2 minutes or something crazy like that.

Any news about this match? Havent heard anything so far...

Well......when Linda is ready and has ALL the information she requires from the AMU, she will start to prepare for the match and issue all her necessary announcements. As of the end of the match last year. We were told it will happen again. It just may be 3 days instead of two and maybe more stages.

Best advice......be patient and wait for Linda Chico or Big Hamp to announce the match info. If you were a competitor last year. You will get early warning. Of which I have not yet. So it is still in the works.

I heard they might try to weed out some of the riff raff Tod, are you sure you haven't been contacted yet? :roflol:

If you are adding you name to the notification list, PLEASE do not PM me on this forum. Send me an email off forum to LChico@msn.com.

While I realize how popular this match is, I am actually working 12 major matches this year & I need to keep everything organized. I keep all info related to any individual match in a single file on my computer. It will be too easy to overlook a PM.

If you are someone I would normally notify:

send me an email if your email address has changed.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Edited by LChico

Thanks for the quick response. I didn't start shooting until late 2008 so I don't have any experience with the match. I'll be looking forward to the official announcement. Can you add me to the list of people you notify? Hopefully it's not like the three gun and fills up in like 2 minutes or something crazy like that.

2 minutes? Ouch. :ph34r:

Last year the match filled in less than half of a second. But, again, I am nearly the Queen of the Waiting List. I haven't worked a match in the last 6 years without a waiting list. Last year, 25 percent of the competitors were 'first time' shooters at Ft. Benning.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Edited by LChico

I heard they might try to weed out some of the riff raff Tod, are you sure you haven't been contacted yet? :roflol:

I have been known to get banned from a certain range :o ....so hmmmm?

Hmmmm. Since there will be a number of shooters reading this that I have never met, or who are not familiar with my personal ethics, let me say that no one can ever say that I show any favoritism regarding the 'sign in' or registration process for this match. Last year in November, two friends of mine, Chris Tilley and Bob Novak, were spending their 6th month on the waiting list, while two shooters I consider especially annoying -- we will call them Shooter X & Shooter Y -- were both happily confirmed as registered shooters in the match. My personal preference did not enter into this. Bob eventually got a slot, but Chris had to cancel by the time I was able to offer him a slot 8 days before the match.

It doesn't help to be my best friend. It doesn't hurt you if you are an annoying jerk. But that is only for 'sign in' and registration :rolleyes:

The real fun is squadding, and there I do have complete control :devil:

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Edited by LChico

I just can't freaking wait for December. I used to be excited about Christmas. Now I'm just excited about Fort Benning. :D

And BTW Linda.....you are the greatest. We all Love You! :wub: You absolutely rock when it comes to this kind of stuff. :bow:

Todd, what makes you think you are going to get in, oh wait you live on your computer, so you probably are synced to the processor in milliseconds,

The Pre-Match Practice Party was almost as much fun as the match, if I only had a Stryker!!!!!

jc

PENCIL TEST

Edited by benelli2

while two shooters I consider especially annoying -- we will call them Shooter X & Shooter Y -- were both happily confirmed as registered shooters in the match. Linda Chico (L-2035)

It's okay, you can use my real name instead of calling me Shooter X or Y. :goof:

Linda, any chance of reserving spots for international shooters?

I sent you a PM.

The sign in process (to get a registration code for the application) does not discriminate against international shooters. And once sign in is complete, we have 6 months adavance notice to work out details for international shooters. In previous years, we have had shooters from England, Norway & Canada.

But interenational shooters need to remember to take a photo ID to Hooters. :roflol: Couldn't resist, Mikey!

Linda Chico (L-2035)

while two shooters I consider especially annoying -- we will call them Shooter X & Shooter Y -- were both happily confirmed as registered shooters in the match. Linda Chico (L-2035)

It's okay, you can use my real name instead of calling me Shooter X or Y. :goof:

Jeez :blink:

You should see my email Inbox & PM's. I had NO idea that there was this much paranoia among the 3 Gun crowd. Many were cautiously asking if they were Shooter X or Shooter Y. Some simply started out apologizing for conversations I do not remember, or for trivial events that may have irritated me briefly when they happened, but that I can barely recall today. Didn't see that coming.

Honestly people, you really almost have to be trying to get me mad. Liars, cheats, and thieves about covers it. If you do not fit those categories, stop apologizing. Okay, back to talking about the match.

Linda Chico (L-2035)