Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tough Love

twix

Sometimes the members are a bit harsh, but they shouldn't be. Kind of like preaching to the choir, since I'm about the worst in the lot, but it is difficult to restrain yourself sometimes when you see the same questions asked for the 20th and 30th times and the poster doesn't seem to "get it".

Each of us was a newbie once. Admittedly, for some of us, it was a looooooong time ago, but for some, this forum may be just about the only source of info they have. So, I'm trying to be more patient and not quite so intolerant...

tommy, what the hell is a buckless yoper?

hey.. this is just like out at the range. if you don't have broad shoulders, you may want to find anonther sport.

examples..

1. geez! great time on that run! would have been better, but you forgot to shoot that target over there!

2. iiifffyou are finished!

3. "my name is not mike"

lynn

1. geez! great time on that run! would have been better, but you forgot to shoot that target over there!

Two guys in the peanut gallery at Tuesday Night Steel;

Guy one: Hey that was pretty fast!

Guy two: Yeah, its easy to be fast when you completely skip TWO TARGETS!

Me: (to the RO) I did what! :angry:

:lol: Oh well. :lol:

-ld

I would never, ever make a smarta** remark during or at a match.

Nor would I ever chide another shooter for his or her performance.

And, of course, two of the statements above are false. :P

One of my better zingers was during an IDPA match to a fellow with spiked-up hair: "Hey, Eric! Is that Tactical hair product?"

Tightloop,

A yooper is a resident of Michigan's Upper Penninsula. A buckless yooper is one who has never killed a male deer, and is an object of shame and scorn among his fellow Michiganders. Rent the movie Escanaba in Da Moonlight for further info.

John. In real life I'm a troll(now in Indiana) and I'm not buckless. Jeff Daniels did such a good job capturing the essence of yooperism... I was seeing my friends on the screen.

My first job was fleshing coons for 75 cents a hide. I could make three bucks an hour, cash, if I was diligent. Mom made me take my clothes off in the garage when I got home, the furbuyer liked to burn coon fat in the woodstove we used to heat the little shed we worked in. Pee-yew!

When I meet you some time, I have a couple of good stories from the "fur shed."

TommyB

Troll, haven't heard that in a while. It's the yooper term for folks who live under the bridge (the Mackinaw bridge that separates the upper and lower penninsulas), Indiana is way under. Being from Flint I could never understand so many yoopers rooting for Green Bay over Detroit, and always wanting to seceed (spelling?) from Lansing, but the folks and country up there are great.

"Stories from the Fur Shed"....sounds like a bestseller to me. :)

This comment I got last sunday by the RO. "Great shooting!! You hit the target 6 times and not a 1 in the center! You were trying to avoid the center ring right?" I could hear the crowd behind me laughing. I admit it I got a laugh out of it too. :D