Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vibra-Prime Issue

Obviously a unfixable unit. I will take it for $10?

If you don't want to sell make sure that you are using the correct side of large and small primers and also the correct tube.

Edited by ajg308

• 1 month later...
Obviously a unfixable unit. I will take it for $10?

If you don't want to sell make sure that you are using the correct side of large and small primers and also the correct tube.

Most likely the answer.... If you get confused and use a large tube with small primers or, if you are using the (wrong) supplied insert that fits into the Vibra Prime unit - the large one with a small tube - you will flip a Bunch of primers....

Correct side of tray outlet for your primers - large or small

Correct sized locking insert into Vibra Prime unit - large or small

Correct sized tube for insert- Large for large and small for small

If you are just flipping a primer every once in a while try not as much angle and work on your techinique...

$25.00 + shipping....

Why does my VibraPrime flip primers? :angry2: What am I doing wrong?

Tighten everything up. I used some putty and even some super glue on my tubes. Best solution is the Dillon unit, but even it is not foolproof.

Jim

Edited by Jim Taylor

Why does my VibraPrime flip primers? :angry2: What am I doing wrong?

I have found that many have burrs inside the area where the primers drop down. I did a little 'forming' with a dowel and sandpaper and a little carving of the burrs and mine worked much better.

I like it so much that after it 'broke' (no longer vibrated) I pulled it apart to see what the problem was or if I could replace a part.... I found one of the leads had broken off the board - a little solder, some electrical tape to hold it all together again and I am in business.