Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trubor meets Bridgeport

kgunz11

Like the way my Edge felt after lightening it so I took my wife's Trubor and put it under the Bridgeport and started making chips. Cut out the factory serrations and put in a few slots in the front. Painted the grips for her while I was at it. Still need to get the slide refinished. She's a big UGA fan. Here's a few shots:

DSC00123800x600.jpg

DSC00122800x600.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So I swapped her STI mount out for one of Jim Thompson's new mounts and I must say, that thing is the cheese! Made a flat top style relief on the top of the slide to allow a little more clearance for the mount so we could get it really low on the slide. Man, it index's really great. She shot it today for the first time and smoked everything I put in front of her. Her slowest split for the day was a .22 and that was on a 20 yard target. Refinished the slide in KG Gunkote flat black. Here's a few pics of the finished product.

DSC00130Large.jpg

DSC00131Large.jpg

DSC00132Large.jpg

Thanks Ken. I am pretty happy with it for a virgin voyage. It's amazing how reducing that little bit of weight on the slide has made such a tremendous difference in the recoil impulse of the gun. It shoots much flatter now, and all we did was take a little weight off here and there. Credit for that should go to Dan Bedell, I just fancied the way his guns looked and pretty much made similar cuts on this one.

Looks great! That new mount is LOW. How much clearance do you have between the slide and the dot. You should have .025 clearance or you might have a slide rub in recoil.

Edited by JThompson

I milled a flat in the slide to ensure there was no contact. Haven't measured it to see how much clearance is there, but I don't think it is .25 or 1/4 of an inch, it's more like .125 or so. When the bbl unlocks and comes out of battery the slide lifts a little, but the scope has just enough room to clear thanks to that flat. Before milling the flat out there was some contact though.

I can't say enough about the quality of the mount and how well the gun index's now. Best buy for this open gun so far!

I also marked the underside of the mount with the new zero directions. Small scratches in the surface of the aluminum to mark what does what now.

Adding elevation to the scope moves it to the right.

CCW on the windage moves it up.

I scratched

^ = R

ccw = ^

Ooops. You DID say .025, I just read 0.25. Either way, yes, there is ample clearance now that I put that flat on there that is visible in the last photo. Before that, there was some contact. I could have removed a little material from the C-More housing but removing it from the slide just gave me another reason to use the mill. :devil:

JT, did I tell you how much we :wub: this mount?