Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shot timers

Get'em Duck

The new guy is looking to pick up a shot timer to practice with. Right now I'm looking at the CED 7000 anyone using this unit if so what do you think. If your using something else what is it and how do you like it?

Thanks

~Get'em Duck

I bought my first timer less than a month ago. I bought the CE Pocket Pro II from Shooters Connection. It is American made and has a good track record. A lot of the guys on here really like the CED 7000. Evidently you can use headphones for dryfire with the CED, which my wife would have preferred. I am really happy with the Pocket Pro II and would probably buy it again all things considered. It uses 9volt batteries instead of a rechargeable battery, which I thought was a positive since I have a bazillion electrical items charging in most of my outlets already. The battery life on the Pocket Pro seems good so far...... There is a monster timer thread in the accessories area and a search will bring up several other threads.

I run the CED7000. It is a great timer. The signal is a beep, and the signal on the Pocket Pro is more of a buzz. Something to think about if you have hearing issues. The 7000 will also store strings which is nice. Either one are good timers.

Yeah, I've read the other post, that is what got me to looking at the 7000, was just lookin' for that last bit of info to seal the deal before purchasing. The head phone deal would be a plus since i live in a small house.......Thanks guys ~Get'em Duck

CED 7000 is great but when you use headphones for dryfire with the CED only the start beeb is quiet (comes from your headphones) and the bar beeb is normal (comes from the timer not from the headphones). That how it works for me.

CED, Pact or Competition Electronics. Buy with confidence.

Jim

EDIT: if you reload (you will eventually) look close at the Pact as it makes great timer that doubles as a chronograph.

Edited by JimmyM

CED 7000 is great but when you use headphones for dryfire with the CED only the start beeb is quiet (comes from your headphones) and the bar beeb is normal (comes from the timer not from the headphones). That how it works for me.

That's not how mine works. Both beeps come through the earpieces.

Thanks for the posts, Chrony is not and issue as I already have one of those for the rifle so just looking at a good timer that is compact and user friendly.

Anyone use the wrist band or belt loop for the CED 7000?

I started with the wrist band first, though it's okay I find it a little awkward having something that big on my wrist. Switched to the rotating belt loop and it's kosher.

That's not how mine works. Both beeps come through the earpieces.

Thanks for the posts, Chrony is not and issue as I already have one of those for the rifle so just looking at a good timer that is compact and user friendly.

Anyone use the wrist band or belt loop for the CED 7000?

G-ManBart that is how I would like it work for me also.

Get'em Duck I like belt loop for the CED 7000. I don't use anything else anymore.

I have the CED 8000, but wish I had the 7000. The only thing bad I have heard about the 7000 is problems with the battery. That being said I also heard the company make it right for the ones that go bad.

I send my to Double Alfa Academy and they fix every thing at no time. Great custom service for Europen customers. :cheers:

I would definitely pick up the battery pack to be able to use standard batteries as a back up...Thanks guys for all your help

~ Get'em Duck

Yes, I also have one and it makes you life easier, if you forgot to load the timer or if you are ROing a match.

I have the CED 8000, but wish I had the 7000. The only thing bad I have heard about the 7000 is problems with the battery. That being said I also heard the company make it right for the ones that go bad.

I have the CED 8000 as well and it works well, but I should have gotten the 7000. It's just too bulky with the clamshell design for practice sessions.