Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

NC Sectional 2009 Ant Hill

• 4 weeks later...

Just to let you know to expect it, my check is in the mail, literally.... BNorth and I will be trekking from Richmond. Anybody got a good place to stay in the area? I didn't see any hotels in the area last year.

Edited by Seth

Just to let you know to expect it, my check is in the mail, literally.... BNorth and I will be trekking from Richmond. Anybody got a good place to stay in the area? I didn't see any hotels in the area last year.

Look in southport. It is less than 8 miles from the range on the same road. I believe there is a hampton and a comfort inn and both a relatively new.(within 5 yrs.)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Nice! Those are some *serious* round counts on those stages...

239 total rounds required, so I guess I will be bringing 500 rounds to be on the safe side. You never know when something will go wrong and you might have to re-shoot a stage. :rolleyes:

I get the feeling that I will need to get a glove or tape my left hand for protection against the cylinder heat during the latter reloads on several of the courses. :surprise: Seven of the nine stages will require 4-5 reloads mandatory (shooting revolver), and somewhere around 20-25 rounds the cylinder can get pretty warm/hot from my experience. I have reduced the powder charge in my reloads recently, so that should allevate some of the heat issues. :unsure:

Edited by Blueridge

• 2 weeks later...
Is there a street address for Ant Hill club that I can plug into Mapquest? I checked all over, and can't find one. Appreciate it.

Southport Supply Rd SE & Woodedge Way SE

Bolivia, NC 28422

This will get to the front door.

Stages look like a fun match!! Two of us booked at the Comfort Suites, arriving friday, shooting Saturday AM.

pas...Seth and I are doing the same. We'll see you next Saturday or maybe Friday night.