Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Vanek Trigger

coframer

I just installed a Vanek Custom Classic Trigger in my G19 last night. NICE!! Just wanted to know if any of you guys have had any problems with the springs or firing pin cups on this set up. It was my first time installing a new trigger. Took me longer to clean the gun then the install. I'd appriciate any feedback on the durability of these triggers.

Hundreds of matches and ten's of thousands of rounds into mine. I replace the reduced power striker and OEM trigger springs per Charlie's recommendations. Usually once a year. Superb trigger, time tested in very tough desert conditions.

Jim

Never any problems with springs or Charlie's "custom made" maritime spring cups.

But I don't temp fate...extras in the part kit, springs as a normal replacement item and maritime cups in case one goes flying. :cheers:

Curtis

Another happy customer. I don't shoot my G34 a lot, but the Vanek trigger is very nice and has never failed.

I put a vanek on my gun g34 last year and it is great. Way better than any home made job. People can say what they want,but you can't beat vanek.

Thanks

Brandon

Edited by texbran

Had 1 big issue with my Vanek. When the slide was locked open, I slammed a magazine home, which dropped the slide and touched off the round that was chambered!! I was surprised, so I locked th slide back, slammed home another magazine and again the slide went into battery (without my touching the slide release) and set off the round.

I called Charlie, and he had me move the trigger spring back to the lower hole on the Trigger Bar. Apparently, with the trigger spring in the upper hole, there wasn't enough to pull the trigger bar up high enough for the sear to engage the firing pin.

It is fine now...but my trigger pull is a bit heavier now because i can't use the upper hole.

The rest of the trigger is great...super smooth, great reset, and no over-travel & reduced pre-travel.

Like with anything that is "modified", use care & caution.

z-

Had 1 big issue with my Vanek. When the slide was locked open, I slammed a magazine home, which dropped the slide and touched off the round that was chambered!! I was surprised, so I locked th slide back, slammed home another magazine and again the slide went into battery (without my touching the slide release) and set off the round.

I called Charlie, and he had me move the trigger spring back to the lower hole on the Trigger Bar. Apparently, with the trigger spring in the upper hole, there wasn't enough to pull the trigger bar up high enough for the sear to engage the firing pin.

It is fine now...but my trigger pull is a bit heavier now because i can't use the upper hole.

The rest of the trigger is great...super smooth, great reset, and no over-travel & reduced pre-travel.

Like with anything that is "modified", use care & caution.

z-

Just to clarify for folks so the wrong message is not sent here. Charlie Vanek has a GREAT product and in the 16 years of corporate IT management I have spent (and 10 years as an Intelligence Officer) I have seldom come across someone who has such great service and takes pride and ownership in his products.

I have not had a chance to update my thread, due to work constraints. However, I have been on the phone a few times with Charlie about the issue I've had. It may be due to the Lightning Strike lightened tool steel striker I am using. We suspect that the leg on the trigger may not be long enough and causing the sear to not engage fully. Until we can verify that (I will be able to get it mic'd tonight), I've moved his trigger spring to the original hole on the trigger bar. So far...no more issues.

Even with the trigger spring in the original hole...with the pre-travel & over-travel reduced and with the other work Charlie has done, the trigger is WAY smoother than any stock trigger or home ".25 cent trigger" job. He takes alot of care in his products, and that comes across during our conversations regarding my particular issue.

My statement about using "care & caution" is not aimed at Charlie's triggers/products, but instead aimed at those like myself who like to "tinker" and try to push the envelope of performance. It is more a warning to those of us in that category, vice about a specific product.

I will continue to use Vanek triggers, and I give them a hearty endorsement. My specific issue is not something endemic and is, I believe, isolated and in the category of "Stuff happens".

Thanks,

Z-

Charlie continues to work with me, and I will post for folks what we find out. It is interesting, t