Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My son's first match

tpcdvc

Absolutely friggen cool! Finger off the trigger and everything. Tell him good job for me. How old is he??? I had my son about once a week last summer working on his draws and moving into position. He makes me train harder.

I know your proud as hell!!! I can't wait for mine to get rolling.

Chris C.

Edited by Chris Conley

Absolutely friggen cool! Finger off the trigger and everything. Tell him good job for me. How old is he??? I had my son about once a week last summer working on his draws and moving into position. He makes me train harder.

I know your proud as hell!!! I can't wait for mine to get rolling.

Chris C.

He is nine. He shot an open gun last week and loved it (he has been shooting his ruger 22-45 for about a year). The plan is to shoot most of this year with the airsoft and then slowly go to the open minor gun. He didn't have a single safety violation today and only a couple mikes.

I love that these airsoft guns are around. What a great tool for teaching youngsters.

Just be careful. 9 is still really young for this stuff. That awful incident in MA involving the 8-year-old still haunts me.

I think you're smart to do the airsoft thing. I'd plan to keep him on an Airsoft for a couple years, there's just a huge difference between a kid who's 8 or 9 and and kid who's 11 or 12.

Yep, that's what I use is an gas airsoft gun. He was 5 last summer and loved knocking over aluminum pepper poppers that I made. He could stay out there for hours. Santa brought him a Daisy Redrider BB gun this Christmas so he can learn to shoot a rifle. I got same story from "A Christmas Story" from my wife. Good stuff!!

It amazes me how quickly they learn at a young age. Open mind and a good attitude. I could learn something from that..... open mind and a good attitude.

Chris C.

Edited by Chris Conley

Way to go! I know you are proud and he is looking good. I am waiting impatiently for my grandson to get old enough and big enough to take to the range. He will be two in April, so I know I have a long wait, but I already have a S&W K-22 and a S&W 25-2 reserved for him when he gets old/big enough.