Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

tungsten guide rods

carlosp

I have an ok grip. I can notice the difference between having a tungsten in my gun and a steel. But only at the transition between removing one and replacing it with the other. After a 100 rounds I do not notice it as much. I do think the tungsten provides less flip.

Go to the USPSA website. Look for the link to the photos for the national matches in 2008. There are some excellent photos of the GMs gripping their guns. Emulate that as much as possible. You can go to Matt Burkett's website, he has an article of gripping the gun. I believe Todd Jarret has one also.

BTW: where is your thumb placement?

I have an ok grip. I can notice the difference between having a tungsten in my gun and a steel. But only at the transition between removing one and replacing it with the other. After a 100 rounds I do not notice it as much. I do think the tungsten provides less flip.

Go to the USPSA website. Look for the link to the photos for the national matches in 2008. There are some excellent photos of the GMs gripping their guns. Emulate that as much as possible. You can go to Matt Burkett's website, he has an article of gripping the gun. I believe Todd Jarret has one also.

BTW: where is your thumb placement?

I use the thumbs pointing forward toward the target grip. So my left thumb is over my support hand thumb (i'm a southpaw). I feel like I need to work on my grip as I find I someitmes jerk the gun to the right. I'm thinking of changing the backstrap on my XDM to the next larger size. Anyone have any advice?