Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Magazine Extension

Heavy Barrel

Anyone here have the slightest clue as to who makes a Benelli Magazine extension similar to this one?

Note....the "Shell View" feature.

MysteryMagazineExtension.jpg

It looks like a Choate extension that's been modified for that particular gun. I don't think the threads on the recievers or magazines are timed, so, a production piece like that is almost impossible to have the ports dead on at 6 oclock for every gun.

Never seen one but like Dan says...must be a custom job. Any gunsmith/machineist should be able to get it done for you. I have seen some clear plastic ones that look pretty cool but am unaware who made them. I don't trust plastic mag tubes:-)

IMHO...looks cool but no real use...I can see in a pistol magazine just to confirm if the magazine is full/topped off (no harm in a limited/production pistol magazine since the grip will protect the hole from debris) or perhaps a rifle magazine (debris may get in since the rifle magazine is exposed). Not to sure for a shotgun magazine tube. Now if you put some witness holes near the receiver for the last round or at the end to confirm it is topped off? I can see debris getting into the tube if the holes are there.

OK, looking for some feedback from BBD or ?

My .02.

RLTW,

Scott

IMHO...looks cool but no real use...I can see in a pistol magazine just to confirm if the magazine is full/topped off (no harm in a limited/production pistol magazine since the grip will protect the hole from debris) or perhaps a rifle magazine (debris may get in since the rifle magazine is exposed). Not to sure for a shotgun magazine tube. Now if you put some witness holes near the receiver for the last round or at the end to confirm it is topped off? I can see debris getting into the tube if the holes are there.

OK, looking for some feedback from BBD or ?

My .02.

RLTW,

Scott

Thats the way I felt about the "holes" they would me more of a dust trap, causing mechanical problems than they would be of any other use.

I have one of these on my Beretta Xtrema 2 and it seems to work great.

www.surecycle.com

JimInFL

I just received an extension from SureCycle for my Benelli and it dosen't have the holes. Thankfully. ;)

When in a CoF are you going to flip the gun over to count how many shells you see in the magazine ?

If the range is really dusty, that crud will get sucked into a magazine.

Like the clear ones they / it has no real point or application.

There are some matches that only allow 9 in the gun at the start, and if you are running a 14 round tube, the clear ones are kind of nice because you can SEE how many you have BEFORE start. :surprise: