Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 US National Steel Championship

2009 US National Steel Championship

March 26th - 29th / Titusville, Florida

2009_Application___Final.pdf

www.ussteelshoot.com

This is the National level Steel Challenge match. Please come out and enjoy the Florida weather, it is about 45 minutes outside of Orlando. Practice on the range starts on Tuesday, all day Wednesday, from 2:30 - 6 pm Thursday (after the 22 match), from 2:30 - 6 pm Friday (after the limited match). We will be having the side matches and drawings for guns.

Contact us if you have any questions. mike@ussteeelshoot.com

Folks, if you can swing going to Florida in late March....think WINTER BLUES......this is a hellvua match and a great time. The range is very accomodating and there is a gator farm 2 miles away that served cold beer and fried Gator....We had a great time the last time the match was there and am really looking forward to the match.

If you want to shoot the Steel Challenge and dont want to travel out west this is for you!

Mike and Derrick put on a wonderful match for the shooters, and it is done very well.

It was a breeze flying into Orlando and getting to the range. Give it a look see and hopefully we will see you there!

DougC

Folks, if you can swing going to Florida in late March....think WINTER BLUES......this is a hellvua match and a great time. The range is very accomodating and there is a gator farm 2 miles away that served cold beer and fried Gator....We had a great time the last time the match was there and am really looking forward to the match.

If you want to shoot the Steel Challenge and dont want to travel out west this is for you!

Mike and Derrick put on a wonderful match for the shooters, and it is done very well.

It was a breeze flying into Orlando and getting to the range. Give it a look see and hopefully we will see you there!

DougC

Ditto what Doug said !

• 4 weeks later...

From Mike Calloway...

Quote from Mike....."It is promising to be a great match with over $30,000 in prizes (including 25 guns) plus the $5k in grand prizes. We will have Shooting USA out to film the event and they will also will be shooting the match which will be interesting.

This is a National Level Match and we have several of the top shooters including Todd Jarrett, Jerry Miculek, Dave Sevigny, BJ Norris, Max Michel (Army), Kay Miculek, Phil Strader and others. I am sure more will be coming at the last minute as their schedules allow."

The Side Matches will consist of two events:

Pistol Carbine Side Match – Sponsored by HI-Point Firearms

Consists of a 5 plate stage using a 9mm Carbine.

There is only one string of fire per competitor.

Competitors receive 1 free entry per gun for this side match.

Pistol Side Match – Sponsored by American Shooters Edge

Consists of one stages of five steel each shooting a STI GP6.

There is only one string of fire per competitor.

Side Match Rules

Competitors receive 1 free entry per match entry for each side match.

Multiple entries are allowed, pay at the side match.

One gun will go to the fastest time

One to the fastest time plus an unknown Par time without going over!

One will go to a random drawing from all the entries.

Only one gun will be awarded per shooter.

I will be there.

Will be my first time had to clear something from my schedual to be able to shoot more than one day. Can't wait.

Is there a match hotel?

Edited by vrmn1

I will be there.

Will be my first time had to clear something from my schedual to be able to shoot more than one day. Can't wait.

Is there a match hotel?

Yes it is on the website under match infomation. I think it is $55/night.

So, what are the favorite places to eat out there?

Seiichi

Seiichi,

I take it your going...great.

For lunch (not sure of their hours) there's a cool little bar/alligator place down the road from the range.

Last time we were there we took an Airboat ride through the swamp to check out the gators. After the ride we went to the bar, got a bucket of beers and then ate the gators :P

C-you there.

Edited by pmd

So, what are the favorite places to eat out there?

Seiichi

Seiichi,

I take it your going...great.

For lunch (not sure of their hours) there's a cool little bar/alligator place down the road from the range.

Last time we were there we took an Airboat ride through the swamp to check out the gators. After the ride we went to the bar, got a bucket of beers and then ate the gators :P

C-you there.

Hey Paul,

I'll be flying in on Tuesday. I'm in for gator. Tastes like chicken right? So when you go gator watching, do you take your open gun?

See you guys soon,

Seiichi

Hey Paul,

I'll be flying in on Tuesday. I'm in for gator. Tastes like chicken right? So when you go gator watching, do you take your open gun?

See you guys soon,

Seiichi

No open gun - but Doug did have his J-frame

I'll PM ya.

I figured out with the j frame and a speed strip we still didnt have enough to get out alive.......LOL

Thems is some really wicked looking critters.....I think we will find some much more appealing wild life in Cocoa beach.....LOL.... :cheers:

See ya there, counting the days....lol

DougC

I figured out with the j frame and a speed strip we still didnt have enough to get out alive.......LOL

Thems is some really wicked looking critters.....I think we will find some much more appealing wild life in Cocoa beach.....LOL.... :cheers:

See ya there, counting the days....lol

DougC

If we go trolling in Cocoa beach, I'm bringing an X-frame to shove down the front of my pants! :roflol:

One week and counting.

Seiichi

Awww, thanks, Rich! :D

I'm going to post my webcast communication/updates/info in this thread --> http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=79903 so please check there for further webcast posts.

Also, sorry for the ads on the webcast... that's a new UStream thing... but, hey, it's free! <_<

The match is shaping up great! Derek, Mike and everyone involved have really put in the effort and it shows! Additionally, there are some improvements to the range and it's impressive.

Good luck everyone! Stop by and say "HI!"