Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Saiga bolt on mods

atomicferret

I have been looking around for some of the cool mods i have seen on Saiga 12's; like the magwell and compensator and such. can anyone post some websites where these types of things may be available? also any other cool accessories would be appreciated.

I do the conversions myself, so I am not so interested it that side of things.

• 1 month later...

Carolina Shooters Supply carries all the performance Saiga 12 accessories for competition that I have designed/manufactured, to include the magwell, sliding safety, reduced power mainspring and the extended CNC machined magazine releases.

Please note, the sliding safety requires machining of the receiver and drilling ball detents into the receiver. It can not be installed with regular hand tools.

I am currently designing a new magwell which will eliminate all the current probems we have with plastic magazines and the magazines dropping out during recoil. Sometimes this is also the fault of an undersized/misaligned magazine release which will cause wear to the lug on the magazine and cause it to drop out after it wears down a little. The new CNC extended magrelease takes care of that issue.

The new magwell will work with AGPs, Surefires, and the Pro Mags with minium modification to the magazines. Should be available in about 30 days.

If you want a sliding safety in your Saiga 12, contact me directly for pricing etc. I do all the machine work at Millennium Custom in West Palm Beach, Florida.

Regards,

Jack Travers

JT Engineering

561-317-9096

Millennium Custom

West Palm Beach, FL

I got a chance to shoot R&Rs "Red Devil" Saiga at SMM3G and it is so cool it's almost like cheating! I liked it so much I'm going to buy one and I don't even shoot Open. Guess it's time to go to the Dark Side. One smaller guy (128 lbs) shot it and bought one on the spot. He said it will let him shoot shotgun as fast as a big guy (you know, the ones with the ballast).

Doug

R&R has been using the two-chamber mid-barrel FH brake from Dreadnaught Industries...I think just one mid-barrel brake is enough, but Robert put two on his personal gun. Funny stuff!

He has a few in stock, that I know of.

Greg at CSS (a few posts above this one) has a run of clear 12-round mags in stock. I have a few of the clear 10-round mags, and they are way too cool...easy to tell what you loaded on one of those "funny" stages (three shot, one buck, two slugs, one partridge, one pear tree, and another slug :wacko: )...and 12 round mags with 10 in them are easier to load than 10-round mgazines with 10 in them ;)

Alex

R&R has been using the two-chamber mid-barrel FH brake from Dreadnaught Industries...I think just one mid-barrel brake is enough, but Robert put two on his personal gun. Funny stuff!

You are behind the times! Robert has a new design comp that looks like it is two comps but is one piece and has 4 external vents. Much cleaner design and looks very sleek! I also like that he made it so that you can put any AR grip and stock on the Saiga and set it up so if feels just like your rifle.

Doug

That is interesting. I guess he didn't need the ones he bought from Dreadnaught for anything but tooling samples :roflol:

Alex

Actually his new one is an improvement of a comp made by JP, he is working with John on it, and not a copy of Dreadnaught's comp. The Dreadnaught comps reduced recoil but didn't keep the muzzle down. R&R's new comp has vertical vents to prevent rise and an improved internal design.

Doug

I am going to keep using my ghetto-blaster Saiga with half the spray paint worn of it so all the haters know I was using a Saiga way before it was cool.

That's a good idea I am going to scrape mine off to

That is interesting. I guess he didn't need the ones he bought from Dreadnaught for anything but tooling samples :roflol:

Alex

Actually his new one is an improvement of a comp made by JP, he is working with John on it, and not a copy of Dreadnaught's comp. The Dreadnaught comps reduced recoil but didn't keep the muzzle down. R&R's new comp has vertical vents to prevent rise and an improved internal design.

Doug

Here are pictures of the two different comps. R&R's is on the left and Dreadnaught's is on the right.

post-8887-1238963120_thumb.jpg post-8887-1238963138_thumb.jpg

Doug

Cute!

Here is one of Robert's guns with two DI comps:

segashotgunopen2%20(Resized).jpg

http://www.randrracingonline.com/public_ht...hotgunopen2.jpg

And another one with two DI's:

http://www.randrracingonline.com/public_ht...30709%20001.jpg

Competition is a good thing! Grip it and rip it...Saigas rock :D

Alex

The gun in the first picture is the one I bought and the second belongs to a friend of mine. Those were some of R&R's initial test guns. The new versions have the new comp design. It's nice to see someone put in the time to make a high quality product for a limited number of us 3 gunners. I bought one even though I don't shoot open, because I think they are the future of competitive shotguns and I appreciate the craftsmanship. Saigas do rock!

Doug

• 3 weeks later...

Greg,

Good link, can you use the existing Saiga rear sight with these new Dinzagarms front sights? I have seen these on another Saiga but the front sight was to high and the owner couldn't adjust anything so he had to use KY. elevation. They look like a solid front sight and good for the upcoming RandR match that allows Saigas to compete in the Saiga class (not open)!

Thank you in advance,

RLTW,

Scott