Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New grips

Rolex

I don't have any for a revolver...but I have a couple of pairs and they are great. In fact I have a pair on my CCW. I love the feel of wood and their grips have always fit my pistols like a glove. They typically have a nice palm swell too.

They are quite expensive but - they are German precision. They seems to be CNC'd FWIW.

Her's a pair on one of my Sigs...

30rvdz6.jpg

Be sure to post pics if you get them.

I've always wanted to send a tracing of my paw to Herrett's and get a custom set of Jordan Troopers.They're about the same money,maybe a little less.It'd be money well spent if they worked out.One of these days I'll get it done.-Mike

I love Troopers, though not as much on the N frame for whatever reason. It's the wait to puts me off on the Herrets, I'm impatient and want them NOW. (yeah... I would have had them by now)

My plan was to get a set of the Pachmayr plastic troops and stipple them. I started using the X frame grips till i could come up with a pair. When I finally did, I'd grown so used to the Hogue's that I didn't want to switch. I'm hesitant to buy $150 grips just to find out again I don't want to switch.

Honestly it was some of the best money spent on the Revo, I can only comment on my own exp. to say a top notch product,, but they are spendy....I feel the most important part of the revo, were the rubber meets the road so to speak. It is the one thing that can make the fit. I need the back strap covered to move the index finder to a good trigger pull position for my shooting grip because of long fingers. It is altimately what ever works to build a solid grip everytime you grab the revo.

I have 2 sets and I like them. I bought both sets used. They fit very well. I sanded on them in a few places. The open back ones I like better than the closed set. They may loose the finger grooves for this year though. The closed back set on the mod 25 I am making open back this winter. Kind of a long process so as not to scratch the gun. If you have long fingers the closed backs are probably ok.

v-comp45.jpg

DSCN0166-1.jpg

I received some new styles in this week and they all have a slightly different contour. They are very well made. It usually takes 6-8 weeks to get them from Germany. I really like the way they fit my hand. I can bring some with me to any of the matches this year if you want to try them out. SC, NC state and Area 6. I try to hit the Anthill and Charleston monthly matches.

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/se...RIPS/Categories

Greg

So? :unsure:

I got my NILLS today, super fast service Greg.

They are really high quality, and feel great. They are fatter/wider than the X frame grips, I like that. More of a Jordan Trooper feel to them. And my grip is higher, which is good. The down side is, because of this my fingers (middle knuckles) are really jammed in there. They almost feel too small for me. (Actually it hurts, because I shot some warm loads in a rather punishing revolver yesterday and my middle finger knuckle is sore.)

I'll shoot em a time or two, use them in a match, and see how it goes. If not... it's off to the classifieds! :D

Don't be too hasty. Take a look at making a little more room for that middle knuckle. I ran into the same thing and just a little more at the knuckle should do it for you. Otherwise it's just a great shooting grip, regardless of PF.

Not really the middle knuckle, all three fingers/knuckles are "smooshed" together pretty tight. Kinda feels like when someone squeezes your hand real hard. My hands are fairly large... don't have fat fingers, but big ol' knuckles on my right hand. (My left hand feels fine. Hmm... my left eye still works good, maybe it's time to switch sides. B) )

Not really the middle knuckle, all three fingers/knuckles are "smooshed" together pretty tight. Kinda feels like when someone squeezes your hand real hard. My hands are fairly large... don't have fat fingers, but big ol' knuckles on my right hand. (My left hand feels fine. Hmm... my left eye still works good, maybe it's time to switch sides. B) )

Let me know when you want to sell them. My last Nills grips were too big for my hand but were very well made. Unfortunately they just wern't right for me.

I'm trying to find something different for ny N frame now so if you decide to sell let me know.