Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2 pieces of news you may or may not know

vrmn1

OK, just to play devil's advocate here for a sec.....why would another company pay good money to purchase Millett only to scuttle a large part of the product line? That doesn't quite compute, now, does it?

It may not compute to us, but the bean counters have different ways of looking at things. It's possible that their line of sights ;) is not as profitable as their other products. Bushnell is probably most interested in the scope mounts, anyway. It may already be set in stone, but I sure hope they change their minds.

OK, just to play devil's advocate here for a sec.....why would another company pay good money to purchase Millett only to scuttle a large part of the product line? That doesn't quite compute, now, does it?

Not really but thats what I got fromthe guy at Bushnell.

I had adjuster nut break on a sight and called to get a replacement.

The guy said they just bought them about 60 days ago. They don't have any parts or sights BUT they have some on the way/

He is going to send me a new sight.

He just mentioned that the whole line of sights are on the table to be dropped. I told himthat was disappointing news to me and would be to a lot of revolver shooters. He said understood and if I liked the sights I might should stock up a few.

Hmmm. Too bad. Millett was still a family-run business up until this. I know that only because the one time I called in needing a small part, I was transferred to a lady with the last name Millett.

Guess I better get a few on order.

Bushnell purchased Millett about 60 days ago.

AND!!!!

The Millett pistol sights yes the ones for revolvers too are on the table to be dropped.

I cannot put it off any longer then. Anybody know what height for a 4" 625 off hand? Tks ahead.

Are you using a fiber-optic front sight at about .295-300"? If so, get the .360" Millett rear sight.

I just ordered 10 of those babies from Brownells. I know I'll need them someday. BTW, Brownells has a Shot Shot special going right now where you get 10% off orders over $150 by entering the promotional code TAL.

Are you using a fiber-optic front sight at about .295-300"? If so, get the .360" Millett rear sight.

I just ordered 10 of those babies from Brownells. I know I'll need them someday. BTW, Brownells has a Shot Shot special going right now where you get 10% off orders over $150 by entering the promotional code TAL.

Mike - You must have got the last of them. Tried to place an order and now it reads "This Stock Item is temporarily Out of Stock."

• 2 weeks later...

Good thing I've kept my Millets when I've sold my guns. I just put the originals Smith sights back on. I have 5 of different heights. If you need one let me know what you need.

I just searched all the dealers I could find and no one has any in stock.

Good thing I've kept my Millets when I've sold my guns. I just put the originals Smith sights back on. I have 5 of different heights. If you need one let me know what you need.

PM sent

PM Sent