Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cool stuff from SHOT Show

eerw

There are lots of great videos of the 2009 SHOT Show up on Youtube right now ..... but IMO the best one of all has to be

INERVIEWER: "If you were any animal in the animal kingdom, what would you be?"

BOOTH BABE 1: "Siberian Tiger - Cause it's white & pretty"

BOOTH BABE 2: "Hippopotamus - Cause they're evil"

BOOTH BABE 3: "10-Point Buck - Cause it's a big animal in the forest"

BOOTH BABE 4: "Buffalo .........." :unsure:(Think before you speak darlin')

BOOTH BABE 5: "Eagle - The flying aspect is cool, Predator vs. Prey, & long lifespan"

BOOTH BABE 6: "Cougar - You can't go wrong with a cougar"

Other great videos include:

Edited by CHRIS KEEN

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's way too many things at SHOT to mention, but I have placed all kinds of orders and will be bringing all kinds of toys home to T&E.

Have an agreement with Barret to come up and do some work with them on the BORS system. They have a model now for the NF line of scopes and they are interested in wringing one of them out, I was glad to volunteer.

NF's new ballistic reticle is AWESOME, and I HATE ballistic reticles, but I'll have one of these.

There's way too many things at SHOT to mention, but I have placed all kinds of orders and will be bringing all kinds of toys home to T&E.

Have an agreement with Barret to come up and do some work with them on the BORS system. They have a model now for the NF line of scopes and they are interested in wringing one of them out, I was glad to volunteer.

NF's new ballistic reticle is AWESOME, and I HATE ballistic reticles, but I'll have one of these.

Any interesting new stocks like the AICS for the Rem 700 ?

There are tons of new modular chassis stocks. The one I was most impressed with is the one from Ashbury International. Not available for civilian sales yet, but when mil sales slow down it will be.

I also liked and bought an AR .22LR upper from Tac Sol. I was super impressed with that one. I also picked up one of their 2011 uppers. Really looked it over hard and found an issue with the ejector clearance on the Tac Sol extractor. So the owner of the company called over BJ Norris and we took his upper apart and he showed me where relieved the upper.

CMMG has one of the neatest conversions for the AR. They have designed and machined a bolt carrier that has a mock .223 case on the bolt face which acts as a chamber for the .22 LR round. All you do is take out your bolt carrier and replace it with theirs and reinstall it with your charging handle. Shoot the .22 rounds thru your AR bbl. It's that simple!!! I am bringing a few back and we are going to run them thru a selectable fire lower and see how it holds up to full auto fire. You also use their magazines which hold 26 rounds. Also from CMMG is a new braided wire spring and hard chromed follower AR mags. They claim the spring and follower will NEVER have to be replaced. I'm going to bring a few of those home as well.

Lots and lots of other things, so much I have forgotten about most of it. As mentioned before, our own Mike Foley is working the STI booth. Lots of big news there including their custom shop which will be doing trigger jobs and full custom quality builds with about a 6 week build time. The new 6" models ar incredible. They are also introducing a precision AR, but it features a Green Mountain barrel. The only issue I have with it is no accuracy guarantee on an $1800 rifle, and one with a Green Mountain barrel that I don't have a lot of confidence in.

Going to finish up tomorrow. :cheers:

CMMG has one of the neatest conversions for the AR. They have designed and machined a bolt carrier that has a mock .223 case on the bolt face which acts as a chamber for the .22 LR round. All you do is take out your bolt carrier and replace it with theirs and reinstall it with your charging handle. Shoot the .22 rounds thru your AR bbl. It's that simple!!! I am bringing a few back and we are going to run them thru a selectable fire lower and see how it holds up to full auto fire. You also use their magazines which hold 26 rounds.

Sounds an awful lot like the Ciener .22 conversion kit, and the mags that are made by Blackdog Machine. :huh:

CMMG has one of the neatest conversions for the AR. They have designed and machined a bolt carrier that has a mock .223 case on the bolt face which acts as a chamber for the .22 LR round. All you do is take out your bolt carrier and replace it with theirs and reinstall it with your charging handle. Shoot the .22 rounds thru your AR bbl. It's that simple!!! I am bringing a few back and we are going to run them thru a selectable fire lower and see how it holds up to full auto fire. You also use their magazines which hold 26 rounds.

Sounds an awful lot like the Ciener .22 conversion kit, and the mags that are made by Blackdog Machine. :huh:

Yeah but with the cmmg you don't have to deal with an a_-hole if something goes wrong with your ciener conversion.

On the website CMMG says the conversion is for semi-auto only. Unless they cam out with one for select-fire lowers. :huh: A friend of mine has the cmmg conversion and it seems to be working well for him.

Edited by Adrian_Sorah

I don't understand why you would have to deal with an a__hole ........... if you buy from Brownells or Midway you have a "dealer" to complain to, or send back for repair or replacement. Although rare indeed, I've never had any problems returning stuff to either of those companies.

Went to dillons booth and got a pis of there new 50BMG press.

Dont know how many others are happy they are making one but i sure am.

The guy in the pic is who I talked to and it looks to be march for a release date.

The blue post is an option to get with the press to lag to your floor.

The powder tube holds 2lbs and there is an option to get second longer tube that will hold 3 lbs or around 100 rounds worth of powder.

It works like a 550 with a manual turning shell plate.

If I heard and remember right they are also gonna make a shell plate for the 408 and 416 in the future.

You can get multipul tool heads cuz they have a trimmer motor option for the 50 just like the smaller motor.

dillon50gf6.th.jpg

dillon502tn2.th.jpg

Edited by Holliday89

I will have the Tac Sol products in hand soon and plan to do a full evaluation and write up on them when they arrive.

As for the CMMG, the owner reports it IS full auto rated. I'll post a video of it in full auto use here very soon. Just got home from SHOT and need a few hours to recover. I can tell you it is awesome in concept and design compared to the Ceiner. The mock .223 case at the end of the bolt carrier group is actually there to keep fouling out of your chamber. When you install the conversion, the .223 case head is the chamber flat for the .22 round.

Pics and video to follow soon!

Saw some cool stuff at the show.

Max shooting Demo with Sig Production gun "video"

STI Allum. 2011 Grip, be ready in 60 days

RCBS Bullet feeder

Ruger plastic revolver frame

Edited by Sandro