Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help! Open gun missing metal!

Bigpops

While cleaning my "new to me" open gun I noticed a missing piece of metal around the front poppel hole on the Caspian slide. After wiping the tears away .......I took a few pictures so I may ask your advice.

1. Is it fixable?

2. Can I continue to shoot it?

3. Has anyone seen this before?

4, How does this happen?

Any other inputs would be greatly appreciated.

BP

post-14385-1231949224_thumb.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While cleaning my "new to me" open gun I noticed a missing piece of metal around the front poppel hole on the Caspian slide. After wiping the tears away .......I took a few pictures so I may ask your advice.

1. Is it fixable?

4, How does this happen?

BP

1) no

2) yes

3) no

4) What Matt said.

:)

I'm having a hard time seeing that part in the big picture. Would you mind posting a picture of the whole slide / top end ?

1. Is it fixable?

4, How does this happen?

BP

1) no

2) yes

3) no

4) What Matt said.

:)

I'm having a hard time seeing that part in the big picture. Would you mind posting a picture of the whole slide / top end ?

sure...let me grab the camera

I'm assuming you are shooting USPSA major PF? I've got to ask---what's your load?

That's a LOT of holes in that barrel! :rolleyes:

I just got the gun...used. I am shooting the loads that came with it and was told they are right at 170PF. I plan on reloading the same. (38 super, 124 gr MG JHP and using 3n37)

It shoots very nice and little recoil...but the neighbors know when I break it out. Has a little noise to her!

You get to shoot on your property! (jealous)

Nice looking gun, but holly popple hole heaven batman! You have a pic of the whole gun handy? Looks nice! Guns with flaws have character, looks used! I say that as mine is beat to @@#$.

You get to shoot on your property! (jealous)

Nice looking gun, but holly popple hole heaven batman! You have a pic of the whole gun handy? Looks nice! Guns with flaws have character, looks used! I say that as mine is beat to @@#$.

I live in the country and have a tractor...need I say more? :rolleyes: The horses love it!

I managed to build a pretty nice range complete with plates, smoke n hope, and some other gadgets. Looks like a big boy's fair grounds! Plus I have made several new shooting friends....funny how that happens.

I would like to tell you that the missing metal was due to my blazing speed.....BUT????

Picture coming...."STAND BY!!!!!!!"

Here she is

I added a *thumb rest [generic]*. I have large hands and my thumb was getting beat up by the mount so adding it helps.

The grip has to go...plain old ugly. Jim Hart will get this one too.

The bizzilion holes...well...less weight go faster and...I don't have to worry about anyone crowding me while I shoot!

post-14385-1231955328_thumb.jpg

I like the grip. When you replace it you can send the it to me :D

If Jim can't give this grip new life, and I have to get a new one...you have a deal!

(just don't make fun of all of the holes on my gun) :roflol: