Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 Mississippi Classic

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went out to the range tonight after work, thinking the plan was to start hauling props, walls, etc. out to the various shooting bays so that we could start setting up stages at first light tomorrow morning. As usual, John Heiter has gone one better. When I got there he, Matt Moorer, Mark Young and Chris Bonham were there and had been at it all day. Grass was cut and 6 of the ten stages were set up and waiting to have targets stapled up. Tomorrow will be a short day thanks to those guys. I don't know what we would do without John for the MD. He works harder than anyone else at the match. If those of you who are coming enjoy this match, be sure and tell John and give him a pat on the back. Without him we would be lost.

Well, we'll thank him as much as possible this weekend, but why not get a head start. THANKS JOHN (and everyone else working to make this another good MS Classic). I can't wait to get there on Friday.

Gregg Wheat

(Shooting REVO this time around!)

Edited by chemepharmd

John, if you don't have plans for dinner Friday night, Susan and I would love to treat you.

Thanks for all your hard work!

I can't speak for John, but I know he is planning to be at the range Fri. night to do registration. Maybe you can treat him on Sat. night if he is not there at the range when we tap a keg. :cheers:

Speaking of classifications, I've been reading the rules some and here's my interpretation. We'll be using the classification database as available on the USPSA website at the official START of the match. That means that if a new classifier file is available by 8:00 am on Friday the 15th when the RO's and Vendors start shooting, we'll pull it and use it. If it comes out after that (even later that day), we won't be able to use it and we'll be using the one from last month. I'm hoping it will come out early this week because there were a bunch of unclassified shooters trying to get a first classification in, but the last one came out at 3:00pm on the 15th so we'll just have to see.

Updates ran last night.

=====================

**I just removed about a half-dozen posts regarding classifiers from another match that were not posted.

Severe thread drift...

I was at the range just as they were breaking for lunch today, things are looking good, most all of the stage props are in place and they are just finalizing target placement etc.

Looks like it will be another fun match, but it is going to be really warm and really, really humid.

A few chances of T-storms Saturday up to 60% chance =(

But you know what those weathermen are like (professional liars).

Just got back from the range about 30 minutes ago. Everything looks good. In the AM we will put up targets and hopefully be shooting by 8:00. As usual John was there working his butt off.

This is not official, but the breakdown looks like this so far:

Wheel-gunners-16

SingleStack-15

Limited-10-5

Production-48?

Open-46?

Limited-All the rest.

I think we are approaching our max. This will be the biggest MS Classic ever.

See everyone there. :cheers:

Bwana,

With John's permission, I'm showing up before lunch and shooting my squad's Sunday stages tomorrow so that I can leave Saturday evening. Maybe I'll get to shoot my 2 or 3 stages on your squad so you can show me the ropes in Revo!

Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow.

Gregg

Hi Gang,

Thanks to everyone who came out for the match. Wish the weather was a little better but everyone seemed to deal with it well and it was a lot of fun to see everyone again. Final results have now been posted to the USPSA website major match area.

John

Edited by John Heiter

Certainly a great match. Thanks to all the staff, :cheers: the sponsors, :cheers: and the weather for not killing us.

Squad 2 was a fantastic squad, packed full of great shooters having a great time. :cheers: We did turn into the remedial paster squad on the last stage but at least the RO's will have something to talk about.. :roflol:

All I can say is "wow". :D This is the second year I have been fortunate enough to help out on The Classic and it amazes me what an excellent job John does! When we show up for work nights/days, he has a definitive plan of what to get done and keeps us from all slacking off too much. :blush: I've yet to see him "lose it" no matter what the situation. I'm in great hopes that he doesn't get tired of us and resign anytime soon!!

Hats off to John!!!!!!!! :cheers:

Guess I should go ahead and see about changing my screen name to something like "Winder Likker" now......

On the other side of the coin, it was great to meet more folks sharing the same passion! We had a bit of a bottleneck on our stage since there were two 'fast' stages just before us. My only regret was that we just didn't have the time to visit a bit more and get to know more of you that came in. I hope everyone had as much fun as we did on our stage!

And everyone got to experience the weather here in MS too. You just never know around here, eh? Blistering hot one day, wishing for a cloud or two.... and the next day, everyone is wearing coats and wondering where the sun went. Welcome to MS!!

Hope everyone got home safe and sound. Thanks for coming to the Classic!!!

Edited by MrClean

My feet are wrecked, but I can't stop smiling! Great match. Like Boz said we got lucky and landed on a squad of really cool folks. The weather was actually pretty good to us. We had a little precip at times but other than a light sprinkle I don't think any of us ever had to actually shoot in the rain.

There were several stages that really intrigued me by how many solutions they presented. I love it when a walk-through looks like ants milling around at a picnic because there's so many different ways to shoot that stage.

Targets were sprayed with lacquer or something that made tham laugh at the rain, and the pasters loved sticking to that stuff. John (or somebody) please tell us what it was and how you applied it. It was wonderful not to have to shoot bagged or droopy-headed targets.

I made some new friends and got to put faces to a good many screen names here. That's an awesome weekend get-away!

Guess I should go ahead and see about changing my screen name to something like "Winder Likker" now......

Damn! That was you? I stood next to you guys during the awards and when I noticed the earring I thought, "He should be called Mr. Clean!"

*We'll see what we can do about the name thing for ya.

This was my first Mississippi Classic and I can tell you it was a great match. Great stages, great RO's and Staff, Great food and the match hotel was rocking throwing distance. The stages were first rate and fun to shoot. We will be back next year for sure and recommend this match to all shooters!! Now if I can not have my barrel lug shear off my gun next year it will be a perfect trip!

Hats off to John!!!!!!!! :cheers:

I certainly agree that John deserves a round of applause or beer!!!! :cheers: John, I certainly enjoyed this year's match. It definitely lived up to my expectations. I just wish I lived a little closer and was able to help out more. Many thanks go out to "winnder licker" and all the other staff that helped work the biggest MS Classic to date. Also many more thanks go out to the vendor's, I know my whole family got to sit in the seat and get our ears full of silicone. Those are some great earplugs. Food was once again, Great!

And thanks to the rain that must be what brought me my "stroke of luck" after getting a division change and still walking away with a prize.

JC

This was my first year working this match and my second year shooting it, i would like to thank John and his staff for pulling it off again, great match!!! See ya next year.

ED K.

Congrats to John and all his help on putting on a great match. This was my first year to shoot this match and i am certain it won't be my last.

Hotel accomadations at the match hotel were excellent.

Want to send out a congrats and thank you to all my fellow squad 4 members...all of ya'll are great people and great shooters. I had a great weekend just watching and learning from all of ya'll. John i hope you had a good and safe trip home cause you sure came a long way.

GREAT match! Thanks go out to all the RO's and to John for making this happen, being a MD I know how much work goes into putting on something of this magnitude, thanks so much.

The Georgia crew made a sweep in Limited B bringing home 1st, 2nd, and 3rd! Way to go guys! Susan and I had a great time and squad 4 was awesome to shoot with. We talked on the way home about how we didn't know anyone on the squad before the match, now we have a new batch of awesome friends. I've met a lot of great people in the sport, and the list keeps growing.