Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Space City Challenge 2009

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd follow up with Landis, I received my confirmation a while back already.

Just sent a pm....when they get the squadding setup we need to get on the same squad bro! :cheers:

Oh definitely! I've already received my USPSA Squading request via email and I thought I already saw your name on there unless there's another Jay R shooting L10. Let me know where you're headed, and I'm there. :cheers:

Just got the email as well. I squadded with Nathan Taylor on squad two. ;) Maybe we can get a BEnos squad going?!

Wow. Squad 2 filled up fast.

-Chet

I can't wait! :cheers:

And, except for the Bennetts, it pretty much is a Benos squad... DJPolo, Aristotle, Rocket35, dstroyed (Mike P), nm3gnr (Damon S), frandoc, XRe.... ;) We won't hold it against Jim and Erin... much... :lol:

Looks to be another fun filled match. Stages will be up on the net soon. We are planning to give 10+ guns away and other sponsors have stepped up and committed to the match. Tom Duchman of Action Shooting Supplies is supposed to be there if you need supplies let him know at your earliest convenience to insure he has what you need. The match shirt is real nice it is black with small red panels. don't let the black turn you away the shirt is made of material that is very comfortable to wear in warm climates. The material is similar to the fabric used by Under armor shirts or the Tech Wear. This match always draws 170 shooters or more, helpout your friendly match staff and get those apps sent this way. Prizes will be distributed by random drawing everyone has a chance to win something nice. More info can be found at texassouthsection.com

Will this be an STI Contingency Match?

STI is always one of our biggest supporters, but this isn't a contingency match yet. Last year they donated a 1911...that was a cool prize! They were also one of our match vendors and had a full table of guns for us to squeeze.

I'll check into the possibility of a contingency match and post the information here.

Any word on this yet? Just curious... ;)

Will this be an STI Contingency Match?

STI is always one of our biggest supporters, but this isn't a contingency match yet. Last year they donated a 1911...that was a cool prize! They were also one of our match vendors and had a full table of guns for us to squeeze.

I'll check into the possibility of a contingency match and post the information here.

Any word on this yet? Just curious... ;)

Hi Jay:

This week I talked to STI. The good news is that they are donating a STI 1911 gun plus a slide!!! These will make superb prize table items...I hope I win one one of them! STI has always been one of our greatest supporters and they are coming through again in a big way. I'm hopeful that they'll be able to have a vendor table again too.

Unfortunately they can't make SCC a contingency match this year b/c of the other contributions that they are making to our match...and to all of the other matches too. They are spread too thin to do the contingency program with us too. That's okay...they are one of the best supporters of our sport and they have fine handguns too...I have 4 of them!

Thanks, Landis

Mailed my app today. Looking forward to my first Space City Challenge. Any advice for a Space City newbie?

My suggestion is to come ready to have a good time! Space City was the first big uspsa match I ever shot & I haven't missed one, since. 6 years now, maybe?

Practice up on your fundamentals, the best way to be ready for anything & everything is to be ready with your fundamentals.

Join our squad if you want. Always ready to meet new folks!

Mark Miller

Thanks for the advice guys. Appreciate it. Mark thanks for the squad invite.

Hey Raul whit and i are seriously thinking about going to space this year. Talked to carlos and he is talking the same way.. we are going to make the final decision in two weeks or so...

Stages to be posted soon we hope. We have 10 guns lines up to give away at the match. It is random drawing for prize table and raffle for some but we still are giving 10 guns away that weekend. We try to have a prize heavy match and return most of the entry fees back to the shooters. This year should be no exception. We still need apps get them sent in please