Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I tried for a long time to avoid biting the poison apple. I hate intrusive software and putting I-tunes on something really irked me. Spent big bucks trying Zune's, Zen's, etc...

My name is John and I freaking LOVE my I-Pod Classic.

I know it was meant well.... :sick:

;)

Sometimes we don't get the answer we were really hoping to get... Doesn't mean it's not a/the correct one though I suppose. :D

Girlfriend got a Sansa Sandisk e260 for Christmas.

FM radio, voice recorder, pictures, and videos too. I put a couple of shooting videos on it to show people what we do.

It easily fits in the knife pocket of my jeans.

http://www.engadget.com/2006/06/01/sandisk...sa-e260-review/

http://reviews.cnet.com/mp3-players/sandis...7-31684139.html

They have smaller versions, probably just audio, that you could likely wear as a necklace or armband. (We got her dad one of them.)

Her GPS has an MP3 player too. (Garmin Nuvi 350)

That is about all I know about them and I don't know much.

Sansa Fuze 8G. About $80.00 if you can find them. Most stores seem to carry the 4GB version. Nice that you can add another 4 GB with a memory card. Music, video, voice record as Flex said. I've had mine for 4 months now with no problems.

Merlin,

Depends on what you're looking for. If you're looking for the basics, I picked up a Phillips 2GB MP3 player w/ FM tuner and arm band for $40 at Wal-Mart. Sound quality is great and at 2GB you can hold more music than you need. It's video and picture capable if you're looking for that. She wasn't and why we went for simple. It's small enough to run with on your arm, workout, etc.

If you want something more video practical, that's the world I'm in. I'm only looking in the 8GB area as that capacity will easily hold 2 full length movies plus plenty of music. I say this for flying to matches and watching/listening to it and then plugging it in to the rental car. Looking too for something small enough to run with too. It's down to the iPod Nano (unfortunately), the Sansa that Flex talks about (leading candidate) and a couple of others that I need to play with.

I learned with my first MP3 player that figure out what you're REALLY going to use it for and then go there and don't look back. My first is a 1GB player, no pictures or video. I was overseas and deployed and didn't want video as I didn't have the other goodies to support it. I still use it and love it. iRiver's rock!

Hope that helped.

Rich

ETA: I'm should clarify that I'm looking at the Sansa Fuze. The Sansa's are nice too as they use removable flash media so you can have pre-made SanDisk cards of music/video.

Edited by uscbigdawg

Bought my wife a zune a couple of months ago, guess what? the zune operating system does not support 64 bit xp !!!

Reapeat, microsoft zune would not work with microsoft 64 bit xp, never been so p***ed off.

Oh yeah, she has an iphone now.............. i frakken give up.

Wasn't their just some bug out with the Zune? I thought I read where it was fixed...like yesterday (literally). ??

Yes, but it was only with the 30gb version which they no longer make and it was only a problem for literally one day. The one I have is one of the 30gb because they were selling them cheap with a rebate back at the end of 06. Mine has been great and I have tons of music on it.

I had plugged mine in for charging on the 30th and on the 31st it was locked up? I did a quick search and found the announcement on Zune.net. The problem was the internal clock and something having to do with leap year. The solution to the problem was time. Basically the zune would reset on Jan 1st so you just had to wait. By the time they figured out what the problem was the solution was to just wait. Sure enough, 1 Jan 09 everything was fine and I am back in business.

I use my Zune mostly out in my loading area for listening to music when I load and have been very happy with it. When this one craps out I will get a new 80 gb.

Neal in AZ

Edited by Intel6

Flex - There was an unexplained bug on Zune's. The fix didn't work, but I think they're back up now.

Butch - Can't believe you're drinkin' the Kool-Aid. ;)

Rich

rich-never did cool-aid. had apple since the IIC came out and owned probably every mac made-have 4 in the home as we speak. just no comparison...

Best non-Apple MP3 player I have found was my plain ole' Motorola RAZR V2. I put a 2GB micro-sd card in it and it worked fine with up to 1000 songs.

The coolest feature is that it paused songs I was listening to when I made and received calls and then went right back to the song when I was done.

The biggest bummer was having to buy a $99 bluetooth headset to listen in stereo, but it was worth it :-)