Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is starline brass any good?

It's the only brand of brass I buy. I've used it in .357, .38 Super, and .45 with no problems. I do deburr the case mouth before the first loading to ease the powder drop/bullet seating on Dillon 550. I try to use range brass, though, if going to a lost brass match - want to get max use of brass I pay for.

When I buy brass I get starline. I have used their brass in .45 Schofield, .45 Colt, .454 Casull, and .460 S&W calibers. I will probably start reloading .45 ACP in the next year and will purchase Starline brass for that caliber also.

Most of the brass that I have is Magtech though, because I purchased .45 Colt ammunition and reloaded it after the initial use. Both Starline and Magtech have good quality brass, but last I looked Starline was a little cheaper (at least where I looked).

If I am going to a "lost brass" match I use the magtech brass, not because I don't like it as much as Starline, but because I have more of it and have reloaded the brass 3-5 times normally.

Yea, 45 is 45. I only buy used stuff. If you can't find it locally, try brassmanbrass.com or that guy that sells on uspsa.org in the classified section.

I buy starline for 38 super comp. I like it a lot.

It's the only brass I use in the revo. Range pickups and unknown use are practice stuff, newer purchased brass for major matchs. What's a lost brass match?

Any match (usually larger) that doesn't allow for brass retrieval by competitors. Area 2 is one. Provides some income to the host club, and contributes to keeping match flowing.

It's the only brass I use in the revo. Range pickups and unknown use are practice stuff, newer purchased brass for major matchs. What's a lost brass match?

Any match (usually larger) that doesn't allow for brass retrieval by competitors. Area 2 is one. Provides some income to the host club, and contributes to keeping match flowing.

My joke fell on its face, with a revo we always get our brass back. Do have to watch other revo shooters if you use Hearthco's though. :cheers:

My joke fell on its face, with a revo we always get our brass back. Do have to watch other revo shooters if you use Hearthco's though. :cheers:

Didn't realize you were a moonie <_<

New to reloading. First, I'm reloading .45 to shoot is SS. Wondering if starline is any good, or if there is a better cheaper case somewhere else?

i have used starline 45 brass for 5 yrs, it is the best :cheers: