Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Jp High Performance bolt

fastshooter03

Has anyone tried one of these yet?

http://www.jprifles.com/1.4.7_bc.php

Looks like better material and better design.

I ordered 2 for my new Firebird 3-gun ARs I'm building.

I'll probably go with a JP stainless carrier or les baer slickside.

Nick

That's the bolt Gentleman Jim recommends. I have one in my Firebird, with JP's adjustable trigger, speed hammer, Low Mass Operating System. Barrel, comp, bolt assy, carrier assy and receiver fineshed in IonBond satin black. Not enough rounds to assess performance.

Its just the best bolt available!...hands down

Best metallurgy

Best structural design

Best in tolerance

NO other bolt on the market comes close

If you are the guy that wants the very best...this is the ONE

If interested I have them is stock...and I am one of the few that has them.

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Received A bolt today. Ordered 2 direct from JP and they sent only 1 with no indications of another on backorder????

While the part looks pretty tough I don't think I'll ever order direct from JP again :( Next time maybe Brownells.

It's too bad they don't IonBond it or Hardchrome it. The extractor is coated with something but that's it.

Nick

Received A bolt today. Ordered 2 direct from JP and they sent only 1 with no indications of another on backorder????

While the part looks pretty tough I don't think I'll ever order direct from JP again :( Next time maybe Brownells.

It's too bad they don't IonBond it or Hardchrome it. The extractor is coated with something but that's it.

Nick

If your bolt/BC is black it is coated with a coating similar to ionbond.

I have one on my newly built JP15 upper. the bolt looks beefer as compared to the LMT enhanced bolt that LMt sells.(w/c also cost a fortune :) )

noticed that the tolerances are tight compared to the LMT, such, if you compare how this new one it grabs the case vs the LMT, it is tight!! overall it looks a lot more beef as compared to DPMS and LMT (which i have). but it's too new for a reliability test.

I have 2 on order from JP.

I also have a CMMG upper on order. They offer the LMT bolt as an option. Is the LMT worth it ($140)?

I think the JP bolt is that price $139 with a completion kit(Bolt, FP,Cam Pin, Ret Pin) at $159. The previous poster stated the JP looks beefier than the Lmt enhanced so I'd say go with the JP $140 upgrade.

Nick

If you read the literature from JP its upgraded bolt is not from lmt but Leitner-Wise. I dont know if there is a difference, but I would get JP over LMT. For the game we shoot, I would by from the people that also shoot the game and understand what we do with the gun.

I say this now, but for $140, he can keep it. ;)

Rich

+1

+1 more.. Saving money is why I shoot a Lorecin 9... No..Wait. I shoot a $2,800.00 Fat Free. Hmmm. Maybe there is something to the old "You get what you pay for" saying... ;)

Edited by Merlin Orr

I can't comment on this component alone, but it came standard on my JP CTR-02. I must admit the the CTR-02 is one SWEEET rifle and its 10X the shooter that I am. If you ever get the chance to shoot a CTR-02 and put it through it's paces, you would probably thoroughly enjoy it!

I can't comment on this component alone, but it came standard on my JP CTR-02. I must admit the the CTR-02 is one SWEEET rifle and its 10X the shooter that I am. If you ever get the chance to shoot a CTR-02 and put it through it's paces, you would probably thoroughly enjoy it!

+1 sweet rifle...

+1 10 times the shooter I am...

+1 enjoyed it...thoroughly!

Nick

Received email today from JP about the backorder situation on the 2nd bolt and that the finish is per JP's spec :cheers: .

No worries now I just have to save up for a couple months and get the matching Carriers.

I'm starting to loose excuses on why I screw up so much :roflol:

Hat's off to JP for getting me straightened out.

Nick