Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Team Tanfoglio NORTH!

stormbringer

Well I guess we are no longer Team Stormbringer!...........

It is now TEAM TANFOGLIO North!!!

Look what Santa Brought the kids!

Brand New Tanfoglio Stock 9mms for my son and daughter (they are graduating from G17s)

Along with New Ghost Holsters, 5 Ghost Mag Pouches (my daughters are the silver ones) along with 5 extra magazines!

I of course am sporting my Tanfoglio Limited Custom that I got for my Birthday last year.

100_8823.jpg

A family that shoots together .................HAS FUN!!

100_8812.jpg

Big Sister and Little Bro.......

100_8819.jpg

Future additions will be Henning Grips.............well as soon as the Mrs gets back to work.

Edited by stormbringer

Yes, you guys are lucky getting "Supersights" on your stocks. Basically they are a bomar style sight. Here in the US, all Stock's come with a cheesy little sight. I'm working on making better rear sights.

Hey, Stormbringer, drop me an email will you?

Well we made it out to the range yesterday...........a whole 5 minute drive btw.

No problems on my daughters..Printing a bit low and to the right

My son's however had a gremlin of sorts. The triger would not reset about 2/3 of the time.

However after getting it home again and dryfiring it about 200 times it seems to have cleared up.

Well we made it out to the range yesterday...........a whole 5 minute drive btw.

No problems on my daughters..Printing a bit low and to the right

My son's however had a gremlin of sorts. The triger would not reset about 2/3 of the time.

However after getting it home again and dryfiring it about 200 times it seems to have cleared up.

Do the 'Stock' models have take-up and over-travel screws? Maybe they need adjusting.

Something recoil induced?

Nope.........I can reproduce it dry firing.

I am going to meet up with Rob E tomorrow at Guelph so he can take a gander at it.

Mind you..........with repeated dry fire it appears to be getting rarer and rarer.

That said we have a match this Sunday and I would like to see if it is an easy fix.

Something recoil induced?

Nope.........I can reproduce it dry firing.

I am going to meet up with Rob E tomorrow at Guelph so he can take a gander at it.

Mind you..........with repeated dry fire it appears to be getting rarer and rarer.

That said we have a match this Sunday and I would like to see if it is an easy fix.

I have a pretty good idea what it is. Shouldn't be a problem.

• 3 weeks later...

Well it appears that we were out of uniform on Chirstmas morning. An oversight that has been kindly corrected by our gracious host.

I present TEAM WALLGREN NORTH!! LOL!!

Wallgrens.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality pics......our good camera has been hijacked by the young lady in the picture and forgotten in her Residence room!! My son of course is sporting his newly broken finger which has kept him from shooting for the past week and probably for the next month.

Thanks again Henning!!

• 1 month later...

Good catch on the head.........I had not noticed that before. I think it may be due to a lack of familiarity with his new Ghost holster............time for more drills!

The mag change could certainly be a tad higher.

I will check out that link.

Thanks!

Is he doing a palms forward surrender position? It also looks like his hand is searching for the grip when his hand goes down for it. He should be able to find a forearm/hand position that allows his arm to stay in the same bent angle and then swivel the whole arm down with the shoulder to make contact with the gun. Think of a HE-MAN action figure where their arms don't move at the elbows and only at the shoulders. This locked in elbow/arm position and swiveling at the shoulder is what will yield the fastest and most consistent results. I would also suggest he try the holster biased more forward on his belt. It looks like it is directly on his side like a production setup. Work with the belt position and tilt of the gun to enable the locked in elbow/arm motion to the grip of the gun. The Ghost Holster is fully adjustable for this so take advantage of it.

His shooting cadence is decent when on the same target, but the transition between targets needs some work. Is he looking for holes in the paper to confirm his hits? He is also using his arms to move from target to target instead of his knees. This is causing him to "steer" the gun as he moves and then he has to realign his sights instead of relying on a solid body/arm index to keep the sights aligned in movement. You can tell that this is also unsettling his stance and you can see that he is "ratcheting" back with every shot. This makes recoil control harder and harder with every shot. He needs to lean into the gun a little and move the gun with his knees. A wider and more aggressive stance will help with moving at the knees.

As mentioned above he is lowering the gun too much for the reload. He needs to keep the gun up at face level for the reload. At a minimum he should be able to see the next target to engage in his peripheral vision while doing the reload. The pulling back of the gun, mag release button push, and gun cant to accept the new magazine should be one motion. In the video, he brings the gun back low and straight and then releases the magazine when it is all the way back, then grabs the mag, then cants the gun to accept the new magazine. From there it isn't too bad, he rebuilds his grip good and gets back on target fairly fast, but he has to look up to find the target which takes more time than it should.

stormbringer> Ghost Holster + Production Division = No Go. Its not legal to use "Race Type" holsters, like the Ghost Holster in Production Division. Check out the USPSA rule book, page 74. If he is going to shoot in Production then he needs a Blade-Tech style holster that covers the slide forward of the breach as well as the trigger guard. Henning has them available on his site. I use the Blade-Tech "Dropped Offset Belt Holster" with my Limited and it works really well and is 100% secure. I don't feel like I am at any speed disadvantage over a race holster like the Ghost or Safariland.

Local stuff will probably be fine with using the Ghost holster in Production, but if he goes to a bigger match they won't let him use it.

stormbringer> Ghost Holster + Production Division = No Go. Its not legal to use "Race Type" holsters, like the Ghost Holster in Production Division. Check out the USPSA rule book, page 74. If he is going to shoot in Production then he needs a Blade-Tech style holster that covers the slide forward of the breach as well as the trigger guard. Henning has them available on his site. I use the Blade-Tech "Dropped Offset Belt Holster" with my Limited and it works really well and is 100% secure. I don't feel like I am at any speed disadvantage over a race holster like the Ghost or Safariland.

Local stuff will probably be fine with using the Ghost holster in Production, but if he goes to a bigger match they won't let him use it.

We are in Canada and run by IPSC Rules not USPSA rules............

Ghost Holsters are AOK here.

We just moved up from a CQC