Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fun time in Waco today

HighVelocity

The CTRP folks put on a fun 5 stage match at the Central Texas Rifle and Pistol club today. Baerburtchell, RV man, The Girl, Jimbob, Stockton, Fredammo, Target1911, Shootingchef, Bomadera and a few others that I know are Benos members but I don't know their handles, were on hand.

The weather was perfect @ about 73 degrees with a slight breeze and moderate cloud cover. I managed to pull off 1st place SingleStack, too. :D

I can't wait till the next CTRP match!

Congrats HV, we're looking at 30-40 dergrees tomorrow with 20-30mph winds....

I shot an IDPA match a little farther south down I35. I was comfortable in my shorts and t-shirt. :D

Cold front comes through tomorrow, so I guess I'll have to wear long pants and a jacket.

Congrats HV, we're looking at 30-40 dergrees tomorrow with 20-30mph winds....

I shot an IDPA match a little farther south down I35. I was comfortable in my shorts and t-shirt. :D

Cold front comes through tomorrow, so I guess I'll have to wear long pants and a jacket.

And I shot a 3-Gun match at Copperas Cove about 40 miles west of where Steve shot. It's great to live in a place where you've got multiple matches to choose from within an hour from your house. The 70 plus degree weather was nice too - I actually broke a sweat shortly after noon. Gotta love Texas.

Edited by Fullauto_Shooter

I had a ball and my trusty Trubor ran flawlessly all day which helped me to win overall "C". :D I have had a tremendous amount of fun shooting with this bunch of people and they all help me a lot.

Thanks everyone

Bill

Lucky bunch, I envy anyone who can shoot IPSC year round locally, without freezing your butt off. We woke up to 12 inches of snow and 15 degrees. No local outdoor matches until March!

MARCH ??? :huh:

You may get lucky and have a good day or two in March but it never seems to coincide with the weekend of any local match within 200 miles.

........ not until at least April. :unsure:

I am jealous, I need to move!!!! Wind chill here is -30*F today!!!
C'mon down. It was in the upper 20's here this morning though. Mid 70's yesterday. Typical Texas winters.

And the forecast high for Christmas day is 70.

And the weather here was so bad that the Indoor Match on Saturday was canceled. Record of 19 inches of snow in 24 hr. More has come down every day. I now have 4 inches of new snow on the driveway and up to 6 inches more are forecast for tonight and tomorrow with more on the way Tuesday.

Temps may warm up to freezing on Christmas day. Soon I'll have shovel the snow off the roof, there's getting to be a bit much up there and if we get any rain or wet snow it could get to be too heavy.

I think that in my next life I'm going to be born and live someplace warm.

And the weather here was so bad that the Indoor Match on Saturday was canceled. Record of 19 inches of snow in 24 hr. More has come down every day. I now have 4 inches of new snow on the driveway and up to 6 inches more are forecast for tonight and tomorrow with more on the way Tuesday.

Temps may warm up to freezing on Christmas day. Soon I'll have shovel the snow off the roof, there's getting to be a bit much up there and if we get any rain or wet snow it could get to be too heavy.

I think that in my next life I'm going to be born and live someplace warm.

It's not too late... Move to Central Texas. :cheers:

I think you were distracted. Your mind was on the new SS that's coming, instead of the match you were shooting. ;)
I think it was the reflection off of your blaster that distracted me. :roflol: That is one cool looking single stack. :cheers: Looking forward to shooting some matches with ya'll in your neck of the woods.

The CTRP folks put on a fun 5 stage match at the Central Texas Rifle and Pistol club today. Baerburtchell, RV man, The Girl, Jimbob, Stockton, Fredammo, Target1911, Shootingchef, Bomadera and a few others that I know are Benos members but I don't know their handles, were on hand.

Hmmm... Scott_R, Bryan_W, lneel, AustinMike, me... trying to think of who else I saw... :lol: Very nice day for shooting ;) Sunday (and today, for that matter) was another story... Glad I stayed home and did Christmas stuff! :)

Edited by XRe

Saturday was for shooting and Sunday was a great day to reload by the heater. I want to chase my dot around some more and am already looking forward to next weeks match at the Double Tap Ranch. :D

Let's race

Bill

Hmmm... Scott_R, Bryan_W, lneel, AustinMike, me... trying to think of who else I saw... Very nice day for shooting Sunday (and today, for that matter) was another story... Glad I stayed home and did Christmas stuff!

Hey, I was there and even in your squad!

Edited by shootingchef