Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benelli M1 & a "loose" forend....

uscbigdawg

Glad it's not just me. I'd noticed that as well on my new-to-me M1 Super 90 with a Nordic tube after I took it apart the second or third time. FWIW, I took it apart again, took a little more care/paid a little more attention when inserting the receiver into the barrel and the forend seemed to fit a bit snugger. Don't think it was just my imagination, but who knows.

I had been searching the parts schematics on Brownell's Web site to see if I was missing a shim washer or something. :unsure:

Curtis

It is my (was Rich's) M1 we are talking about. (Rich - Thanks for hunting for an answer).

After looking at the manual - there is a front sling thingy that is missing. It goes between the forend and the ext tube. Looks like a ring with a slot on the bottom to loop a sling through. It wedges in-between the tube and forend about a quarter inch thick.

If anyone has one in their Parts pile please le me know.

GIO

Thanks for the offer Trapr. I will send you a PM. It seems like it may work. It's not just a little loose, it moves a good 1/4 inch or so. I think that piece blocks it in. At least I hope so.

You can have it, however the piece you refer to actually goes over the forend/barrel nut and requires a lock ring to hold it in place. it will not fit over the mag tube, and plays no part in taking up any slack that may exist from the nut and forend.

I'll send it to you, just the same.

Trapr

Trapr is right, in no way will the sling plate effect the tightness of the fore end! In the fore end there are two parts one is a washer that you see, the other part is a spring washer. It sounds like your spring washer is crushed or collapsed. A new one will have you tight in no time. The last one I got I got from Brownells. KurtM

It sounds like your spring washer is crushed or collapsed. A new one will have you tight in no time. The last one I got I got from Brownells. KurtM

Do M2's have this too?

Mine doesn't have one.. Brownells doesn't seem to have a schematic for an M2.. but the M1's do list this part:

134G60584 301-000-177 Forearm Washer, After S/N M155400

My 1100 is sloppier than my M2.. any chance theres' supposed to be one on those too?

My 1100 is sloppier than my M2.. any chance theres' supposed to be one on those too?

Dave, If your 1100 has the same ext tube as mine, here's what ya do......Take off ext tube. Remove the nut from the ext tube. Install nut (only) over forend until tight. Lastly, put in the spring/follower and spin on the ext tube until it bottoms out. If done correctly, the tube ends are touching and all is tight including the barrel....

Might work on a Benelli also.........???

Edited by D.carden

Kurt and Trapr are correct... my M1S90 field did the same thing... remove the "wave washer"... look at it carefully before removing/ installing.... tweak a little more wave to the washer.... on probably things not to do, my Benelli was always hard to load... tweaking the interceptor notch, and cutting down the receiver helped, but still hard to load the first 5 or so... so during its annual cleaning before Ft Benning, i spied a can of Honda spray on chain lube, and gave the follower and tube a spritz, let it dry and then wiped it off... tremendous difference

regards Les