Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CR SPEED BELT

Spray_N_Prey

Ok I have a CR Speed setup that I setup for production then decided to shoot limited for a while and after putting on the CR Speed holster, it's just too much of a pain to keep switching back and forth. Since I have to locktight the CR holster to keep it from moving. Now will I have to buy another complete set up for production or is there a place where I can just order the outer belt since I already have the inner belt?

thanks guys (and gals)

Shawn

Hello: Buy another belt setup and be done with it. That way you will have all the stuff you need to shoot both. You could also use just the inner belt for Production and then remove th stuff for limited. If you make your own belt you will have to have someone sew it for you and buy the stuff to build it. Should cost about $30 or so. Try the inner belt for production first then decide. Hope this helps. Thanks, Eric

kmca

I have been thinking about making my own belts. Can you give us a run down on how you made yours? Materials, design, etc... Thanks.

I use a 6 ounce belt blank, a 1/16 inch thick low density polypropylene stiffener and industrial hook and loop fastener. All stitched together. Since my wife makes leather products, I stole the leather from her. The stiffener is from Tap Plastics and the hook and loop fastener is from McMaster-Carr. I could use her machine for stitching, but I usually just hand sew it. Use a small bit in a rotary tool to make the holes. I don't think anyone uses an awl any more.

Ok I have a CR Speed setup that I setup for production then decided to shoot limited for a while and after putting on the CR Speed holster, it's just too much of a pain to keep switching back and forth. Since I have to locktight the CR holster to keep it from moving. Now will I have to buy another complete set up for production or is there a place where I can just order the outer belt since I already have the inner belt?

thanks guys (and gals)

Shawn

If you're buying a size 42 I'll buy the inner belt from you. Let me know.

I am currently up to I think 5 CR Speed belts. Will probably add at least two more. I hate having to change for different divisions and sports. Simpler to have an Open, Limited (& L-10), Revo, Production and SS with a 3-Gun belt as well.

In my opinion, CR Speed belts win hands down over Safariland for really one reason, the hook part is on the outer belt and the loops are on the inner. You can take off the outer belt and not have everything stick to you. I am alos partial to the stiffness of the CR, but I suppose a new Safariland would be as good in that respect.

So, buy one for each division you shoot and be happy. It is probably the least expensive item we as shooter buy.

Jim